Action Bronson Cancels Concert Appearance

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
1364225708_d1dd6a4520e8403947dae26c72a2605d.jpg

They're saying it's because he had "last minute transportation problems" but I highly doubt it. Just the other week there were some people complaining that his lyrics were misogynistic.

It all started with one woman in Toronto that has a problem with his lyrics. She started an online petition and then it blew up from there.

I'm not a big fan of Action Bronson but some of his music is really good. The song they're talking about is pretty harsh, though. I can't find the video but here's the song:

So my thoughts are that if anything, let him perform but make sure he doesn't do that song. But I guess that could blow up in their faces anyway (think CB4 and "Sweat of my Balls" LOL).

I understand that violent or misogynistic lyrics are bad, but on the other hand so are TV shows and movies. Where does one draw the line? I never understood how people could freak out over a certain song lyric or music video but at the same time their kid is in the next room playing GTA or watching OZ. Makes no sense.

What do you think?

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
We're in the day and age of "the complainers." Its so easy for your complaints to be heard today (twitter, Facebook, etc), that people go overboard with the shit. It's like the whole bullying thing. Bullies have been around since the beginning of time. Back in the day, when we got bullied, we fought the bully, and more often than not, became friends with them after that. Nowadays, everything is soft and sensitive. Rather than taking a possible ass whooping, just bring in a gun and kill all the people who had absolutely nothing to do with the situation.

So rather than not listen, lets start a petition. Remember the same thing happened to N.W.A, 2 live crew, and death row. And look how those situations turned out.

I'm not really a Bronson fan. And I didn't listen to the song, so I have no options on it whatsoever

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I'd love to see Kool G Rap perform Mister Mister at a feminist convention, that would be awesome. But ya, the internet has fucked everything up, there's a cause for everything, and if you oppose any views, you're seen in a negative light. I just keep my opinions to myself these days because like Wrightboy said, everyone's so fucking sensitive and explosive these days...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
We're in the day and age of "the complainers."
That's the thing - it's insane. Basically, if you don't like the song then don't listen to it. Instead of starting a stupid petition, just don't attend. If everyone started a petition for every little thing they don't like then, well, we'd have a lot of petitions!
I'd love to see Kool G Rap perform Mister Mister at a feminist convention, that would be awesome.
That would be awesome. I would pay to see that. And it would be great if it was streamed live on CNN.

Spuntastic

cinephile/beatmaker
Battle Points: 82
In my opinion another case of political "over-correctness" and a feminist insinuating misogynistic/sexist tendencies. Normally I wouldn't care much about those voices but they are starting to destroy careers and lifes, like the one of Sir Tim Hunt, although he was just joking in his speech and everybody knew it.
I don't know Action Bronson personally and I guess the woman starting the petition doesn't know him either. People are reading those lines and think they represent the personality of an artist. It was the same thing with Slipknot and the amok in Erfurt 2002 and Marilyn Manson and Columbine.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
This world is fucked..... People will complain about everything because they're sensitive pieces of shit and need to euthanize themselves. People see worse shit in video games and movies, and that's completely fine, but when it's a rapper, it's a problem. I wish I could punch feminists in the face...they don't seek equality...they seek special privileges......

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
Seriously? Eminem woulda never been heard of if this type of reaction was happening in the late 90's, early 2000's. Em pushed every envelope and then some. Leave Bronson alone, crybabies!

members online