Beat This! - March 27-28, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Battle Points: 42
Im in need of someone with some beat mix and mastering skills!!!!!
I'm doing mastering for reviews for the website I do business on, was not going to start till the new month but happy to beta test this idea with you, let me know.

I have to be honest, not inspired by the sample but made something last minute to get the uninspirational part out my head and replace with urgency. But to hear these beats here I know some of y'all was inspired and liked the sample and it shows great racks everyone. Theres one track that stood out to me that I didn't vote for but is a worthy mention, its sounds like it was mixed on rocket monitors and simple interface because it has a dark sound to it but definitely can write a rap to it and it has a eerie quality too. Good luck y'all.
@Dahmi Mortals , I think that might be my beat your talking about..not sure..

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
I have to be honest, not inspired by the sample
Same here, not my style of sample... but I made something, so I figured Id submit it
favorites were @crog85 & @K-waz ..tight ass beats y'all
Thanks! I wasnt super into the beat I made, also thought the mixing needed some work!

@Dahmi Mortals Couldve been my beat too... definitely mixed on some rokit 6’s

@Cayenne Congratulations my friend, I always enjoy your sample flips! ;)

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Battle Points: 42
@Dahmi Mortals , I think that might be my beat your talking about..not sure..
@DEEZ BEATZ Yes, its killer. For me it was #4 #6 #11 I chose #6 at the roll of the dice againts #4. The great difference in age maybe when it comes to taste because my top 3 didn't even make it in the runner up. Congrats to @Cayenne, not my cup of tea but thats in the sample not you so this was difficult at least for me.

Beaubeats

Beau Beats
Battle Points: 3
Congrats to the winner and runners up. Sample was a challenge for me. Real old school, traditional kind of vibe to it which I don't really don't get inspired by. It's still nice to do it for the challenge of making something musical with a sample I would never think to use in a project. It's a real learning experience. I think I am starting to see a trend on what this particular community is looking for. Next time I will put more effort into fitting my beat into that "classic hip hop" box.

A.R. DASUPASTAR

A.R. DASUPASTAR
Battle Points: 104
Not 1 single wack beat on here. I took @Fade advice & started playing with basslines & incorporating them with my kicks & my beats sound much better than b4!!! I listened to this entire battle 4 times in a row. Shoutout to my illmuzik comrades

MinD AXioM

Battle Points: 25
This was an awesome battle. Big ups to everyone who entered! I enjoyed the challenge. Before this I didn't mess with sampling very much. I think it opened a door of creation and inspiration for me. I really struggled getting the sample to sound right and my mix-down really suffered, but it definitely pushes me in the right direction to learn. I'm looking forward to the next one for sure! @Cayenne congrats brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online