Lets Say You Make It Big....

ill o.g.
if i used fl or reason, and i had the money, i would keep using my program. But i would get some hardware to see if i like it better.

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
i would build off of those programs....i would built a hardware setup (keyboards, racks, mpc) and run it all through pro tools or logic....then if im feeling some reason sounds or whatever i would just rewire reason into pro tools or logic.....then i have the option to use the hardware as well as the software.....more versatility, options, etc....

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
i'd eventually swictch to hardware, just because im curious to learn it - but id probably still come back to software from time to time

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I would stick to what I had, but I would refine it. Buy legit plug'ins and add logic, protools or nuendo for audio work. But I wouldn't suggest to much of a change up. Look at havoc. I really haven't been feeling his recent production, then I found out that he switched gear. I know he was using ensoniq stuff before, but now he uses a MPC 3000 and a trition. I wish he was back on the ASR.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Nnxt said:
I would still use what works for mr.. (honestly) why change? why fix it if it aint broken?

I second that. But I would invest in some outboard shit to enhance my sound. I prolly would try out some new shit. It just takes so long to get to that comfort level you have with the shit you can bang wit.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i would add the MPC, ES Rack, Fantom XR, a Mackie 48 channel mixing board, and run it all in through the Emu 1820 card on a 3.0 P4 with 3 gigs of RAM.

thing is, i come from hardware and software has taken me to those next levels by providing a complete environment. i would incorperate the two; the RAM in the pc would just be there to handle audio effects and a *select* few vst plug ins.

there wouldnt be much of a curve since i come from an mpc-keyboard setup anyways.

of course, i wouldnt "need" the extras because i obviously made it withuot them, but that is a setup that i would have if i could afford it right now. i say add to what you have but run with what you know.

C

Carpe Diem

i think that if your good enough with fl then stick....i personally use reason...if i made it big, id stick with it, but buy an mpc and other hartware and link everything up....

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
You prolly read about me on allhiphop that i poked out my eye...

Quack

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'd still use Reason, but I was messin' around with a Triton in Guitar Center and was impressed. So I would buy a Triton and try to master it.

One!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Jimba Frosty said:
id add a Roland XV-5080 with added Expantions, a Fantom with more expantion sounds

that would be pointless. yo ucan get the entire XV 5080 soundset for free if yo uhave the fantom x or xr module....

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
philsiarri said:
I would def still use software (Acid). I have tried hardware and that's just not for me. I would however buy a new computer with lots of RAM , state of the art soundcard, etc ...

Same here! I would bump up to Acid 5. and get that HP I've been checking

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If u make it big with FL or reason I dont think u will have time switch and learn how to use new gear. I mean u will be so much in demand u wont have the time to sit down and learn any new gear.

Then, if u made it big with software it is because u managed to use the software in an innovative way that made u stand out from the rest. Why would u wanna switch and lose your competitive edge? U'll have to constantly improve however if u wanna stay recent and on top of your game, so u may explore different options to do things differently and be more productive and overcome your software limitations. But it would be stupid to switch gear just because u got money now and u can afford it. Actually i think it will be bad for u.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I'd keep using FLstudio, there's nothing you can't do in it.

members online