Showcase - June 5-7, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
McLovin: oh, this was very relaxing and nice, just what i needed today. Everything sounds very nice together, and it sounds like a very good mix. Im diggin that melody line, very good work if you ask me.

This is a song just finnished with my new partner in music, Decknical, check him out if you want at: https://soundcloud.com/decknoland

I posted to min of an unfinished version on beat this, but now its done, we go by the name of; Dobbel D. Its in Norwegian, but hopefully you get the vibe.

D

Derision

Nice chill beat, I like it. Is it a sample?

Anyway here's my beat it's a trap beat made with FL 10

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
Haven't put anything together in awhile

---
McLovin - Keys are smooth. The levels of the synth/pads sit in perfectly with the mix. Nice chilled out beat. Good work.
KDVS - Reminds me of some country ish. Mix sounds clean. Not my type of beat but its cool. Has a nice groove to it.
Porekush - Digging the sample sounds you got working with. Has a real old-school vibe with a Euro twist to it. Gets a bit redundant after a bit.
Derision - The mix sounds really weak. It needs to be beefed up. All the sounds you're using sound pretty weak. The sounds you're using sound stockish/plasticy too. Do some searches online and look for some better quality sounds. Instrumentation and patterns are decent but the quality of the sounds ruin it IMO.

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
@mclovin - first, i'm feeling your tag. lol. the beat is nice a chill. personally, i would have put some reverb on the snare every 2 bars. i think that would have contributed to the laid back feel even more. nice beat though.

@kdvs - i have no idea what's being said, but this reminds me of something from sir luscious leftfoot, or that dungeon family compilation album. i like.

@derision - i agree with kohie. take it as constructive, and keep pushing.

@kohie - nice track. nice chops. reminds me of some just blaze or something.

there was a post a while back about revisiting old tracks. well, i found this. i made this beat back in '02 for this dude that entered it into a contest for a reebok commercial. that's him rapping. can't believe i thought this was the shit back then. lol.

Frankie Perez

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
@McLovin I liked both beats what is the name of the sample on the second track is that a Gladys Night Track?
@KDVS what language are they mixing with English is it Swedish or German? great track reminds me of a 80s pop alternative kind a vibe.
@Derision im feeling the track i would have put a cannon blast right before it cuts in to the beat again
@wrightboy im feeling the track its got a laid back gangsta vibe

Frankie Perez

ILLIEN
i was foolin around with stairway to heaven sample and two other samples and added other drums and effects just tryin to see what concoction i can mix together

Frankie Perez

ILLIEN
I forgot about this one track i did for duke Ellington contest that was cancelled i had deleted the link but i wanted to know thoughts of this competition track anyway

McLovin

Battle Points: 1
Thank you to everyone that provided feedback for my beat "Zoe". I appreciate it!

KDVS-The percussion on your track is very dope and the mix is prestine. I dont understand what dude is saying but he's flowing!

Derision- I would suggest that you run the "vibes" or whatever instrument that main melody is through a filter ever once in awhile. Mix for a little more bottom in those drums and you'll be cookin with crisco!

Kohie-Good grief bro! THEM DRUMZ=BEAST MODE! I digs them sample chops too! Dopeness.

Wrightboy- Lol I mean you know. We live and we learn. Thanks 4 your feedback and suggestion tho!

Frankie Perez-I like where your trying to go especially with that last track, but seems like your samples get out of sync afterwhile. Unless that's what ur going for, I suggest choppin your loop into sections and banging them over your drums to have more control over the sync/quantization.

Thank you for your feedback on my tracks tho.As far as the sample question...I'd rather not divulge that info. Its not Gladys Knight tho. Good try.Lol!
At least not for that one, you can click here for other joints where I DO reveal my sample sources tho.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
Porekush Beats: loving the vibe here man, great mix, head bouncing track, really like the snare and the flip is nice... Yeah, im from Norway sir. There is a site called www.kingsize.no, i think this is the site with most traffic. I can PM you with the email for a good mc. Great track!

Derision: Im liking how you put your kick, melodic, trap is really not my thing, but think its ok, i like the melody line.

Kohie: i like as always how you play out your chops. Good track.

Wrightboy: :) nice, bring out the old stuff! Always nice to listen to how it was, and how it is, hats of for sending it out here, good.. West west came after and the gap is clear sir. Btw love that lead commin in on west west.. :)

Frankie Perez: track 01, your on this hard beats vibe, i digg that, a bit parts that is off, but this has for me kind of gotten to be a part of your style, yeah bring in those tamborines. Track 02, first of, a fantastic title, yes there can be only one! Maybe we got different meaning of it haha, but nice. Im liking this aswell, hard beats and it drives the whole song for me. Track 03, for some reason it wont play here now, but think ive listen to it before, when the contest got cancelled, great track..

For your question, this is only norwegian vocals, its me and decknical going after eachother, in production and in vocals. :)

Thank you everybody for giving feedback. :)

Frankie Perez

ILLIEN
Thanks for the feedback - im trying to use newer version software but the autosync dont work been trying to find that sweet spot on the tambourines it was too slow before then to fast wondering how to adjust it i tried to autosync but dont work im going to try a software if i can find it for pc someone suggested logic that its easier to align with, Thanks again..

Frankie Perez

ILLIEN
sometimes i run out of ideas of where to get my next sound font or break beat or what to spice up the track so if it sounds off your right i get stuck at times its sort of like writers block... idk but its hobby to help me pass time

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
McLovin: oh, this was very relaxing and nice, just what i needed today. Everything sounds very nice together, and it sounds like a very good mix. Im diggin that melody line, very good work if you ask me.

This is a song just finnished with my new partner in music, Decknical, check him out if you want at: https://soundcloud.com/decknoland

I posted to min of an unfinished version on beat this, but now its done, we go by the name of; Dobbel D. Its in Norwegian, but hopefully you get the vibe.

This made me sit up.. Cool. .. I like all of it. I already know they aint talking too deep but it flows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online