Warzone - August 7-8, 2015 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next battle will be from August 7-8th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on August 7th at around 8am ET, and end around 8pm ET. Voting will be for 1 day, on August 8th, where the results will be posted the same day.

When you signup, you MUST upload all 4 of your beats (or you can use 1 beat for all 4 rounds). The upload page will close at 8pm ET!

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: None

Rounds (times may change)

• Round 1: 10am-11am ET
  • Round 2: 12pm-1pm ET
  • Round 3: 2pm-3pm ET
  • Round 4: 6pm-7pm ET
Results will be posted around 7pm ET.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

warzone_flyer2015080708.jpg

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ok the results are in, check out the battle brackets and also the full archives list.

My FINALS review:

Diamond overall winner @Yrjo Owen - It was a great beat, very smooth. I like what you did with the beat with the synth part in and out. I would have loved to have heard more of the beat.

Platinum winner @1st Official - I was pulling for you all throughout the battle, all your beats were on point. I liked this one a lot but I think the vocal snippet "alright" could have been better. I think it was the sample of that itself was a bit too muffled for my liking. I actually preferred your beat in Round 1 and 3.

Gold winner @huggyHG - You kept the same beat throughout but it was dope enough to hold up against the rest. I think I voted for you on each round, it was a great track. Smooth, clean mix and it sounded professional.

Silver winner @Saadermaster - Very, very smooth. I liked it a lot except towards the end where the strings went higher and that vocal snippet came in. For some reason it just threw me off.

Bronze winner @skinnyknicca646 - Very impressed with all your beats! I liked how each beat progressed in each round. The round 4 beat is really good, you kept it busy but head nodding at the same time.

Other mentions:

@Spuntastic - Round 1 beat was on the country side but you made it work. The round 2 beat was really dope!
@Wazeer Shah - I liked "HEY!", nice build up and you kept it moving along. Very impressed.
@chloetennis2701 - I like how the beat is arranged but I don't think that style is on the Hip Hop tip. Great sounds and arrangement though.
@TCoast - As usual, dope beat. Your beat was super smooth and the piano was dope. I think what was missing was a few changeups just to keep things interesting. I expected this one to be the Bronze.
@Escobar Style - I liked the fact that your beats had the same style, that shows you have your own style. Each beat was really good, well put together. I just think the synths should either sound better or maybe ease off the synths just a bit.
@E_Buddha - That Mobb Deep beat was dope! I was just hoping for a few variations thrown in. I don't know what you're using to program the drums but that's the main thing that needs to be tightened up.
@HardWireBeats - Round 1 beat was of course a great sample you used. Round 2 I liked the fact you used horns but it's hard to pull off a heavily influenced horn beat. I've tried, shit is hard! But I like what you did, you flipped it instead of just looping all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.