2000 vs. 2000xl

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Aight, I got my eye on a MPC 2000. Now, I have played with the 2000xl and I have read the differences between the two. To me it sounds like the 2000 would just be a total downgrade but it is much more affordable for me and it is an MPC. Basically, what I am looking for in this thread is a MPC user who knows both machines and can boost my confidence of me buying the 2000 rather than the XL. It is maxed out, 32 meg. Is there any sequencer differences? I also read that you cannot hit record and wait for it to roll around again and start recording, with the mpc 2000 (does that sound right?). Also, I read that the pads cannot be used for dropout's like on the 2000XL (like in sequncer mode when you can touch a pad and cancel out that track). So, in that case how can i do that if at all?

Anyways, I am pumped I want to get this but I just don't want to be dissapointed when I get it and realize that it won't do what I want it to. This shit might sound mad dumb and all but I just want to make sure this will be a good buy. I really appreciate any feedback from anyone, thanx..

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
save ur money and get the XL or got with the 1000(then new OS will make it almost equal to the XL)

Your better off wit an XL or 1000 casue the 2000 is missing key features that you will need. Espically if you plan on using it as your main sequncer. Key funtions like autochomatic funtions, step edit, more programs etc.. are VERY important.
Save ur money

class

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
classic said:
save ur money and get the XL or got with the 1000(then new OS will make it almost equal to the XL)

Your better off wit an XL or 1000 casue the 2000 is missing key features that you will need. Espically if you plan on using it as your main sequncer. Key funtions like autochomatic funtions, step edit, more programs etc.. are VERY important.
Save ur money

class

Aight, good lookin' class.. That's what I needed to hear..

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
yo ex

hey Akai is a hella ill company! If you buy a 1000 and send them your reciept they will mail you a free 128 meg ram chip. It comes with 16 standard.

I bought my mpc from Leo's Pro Audio in Oakland used! Yes Used for $609.00 and then sent that reciept to Akai and they still sent me my free upgrade. I suggest if you buy from ebay to make sure it's a company and that they send you a reciept to take advantage of the 128 upgrade. I didn't expect them to send me my 128 because I bought it used for $609. With so many companies out there that are ripping off people with cheap merchandise it's nice to know Akai is reliable and stands behind it's equiptment. If your thinking of ebay then try to find Leo's Pro Audio and see if they are selling another 1000. Mine came with the original box, all paperwork (including registration form), plus it smelled liek it just came out of the factory. haha your going to love your mpc!

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
Hey homie,
I've started out with the 2000 and I like it alot!!! Then I upgraded to the XL, MAN!!! It's so worth it! One thing about the 2000, since it dosen't have the flip up screen, the lcd display circuitry tends to overheat and get burn-out line in them and then you have to get the display replaced. This issue is resolved on the XL since the lcd screen is not an internal part of the unit. That alone should make you lean towards the XL. Then there is the re-sampling. You can make your samples really grimey on the XL The XL has 300,000 notes per sequence (I think the 2000 has less than that) plus you can time stretch your samples!

members online