1. The next Warzone Beat Battle is set for October 19-20th!

3 things you wish you didnt do

1. ArvinArmani

ArvinArmani

Iranian ILL Beatmaker , workin of "Forbade" album
    Battle Points:
    Dear Illiens , this is pretty important

Days ago a friend was advicing me , saying : "i wish i knew about some facts sooner , now im late for my ambitionz"

That got me thinking about all people that are late for their ambitionz , most of them are in this situation because wrong desicions and i found out they cant do anything about it , and thats sad .

But Theres a persian old sentence 《 Alas , the young has no knowledge and the old has no power 》

I am young , i mean i hardly fit in this community because of my immaturity , i thought Why the hell not ask Any of you who regret something you've done :

What things do you regret the most ?
    Which of your decisions destroyed your time , energy and future life when you were younger ?
    Why many people reached their goals , and you didnt ( if you didnt ) ?

2. ILL-GREEN

ILL-GREEN

Monster One
    1-wished I never touched liquor. Got me into trouble, lots of it.

2-wished I kept it simple in the studio in the beginning. Excess gear was such a waste.

3-wished I continued school earlier.

OGBama and ArvinArmani like this.
  3. Angel

Angel

In a way, I regret letting an old friend go. But at the same time, I know for a fact I wouldn't be writing music now if I hadn't. I try to live in a way where I regret nothing.

ArvinArmani likes this.
  4. pancakebunnny

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
    Battle Points:

1. stealing computers
    2. stealing computers
    3. i stole some computers

ArvinArmani likes this.
  5. Fade

Fade

VIP Member
    Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
  6. pancakebunnny

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
    Battle Points:
    i also regret that garbage ass broad i was dating back when. i pullt a few sucker moves in that era.
    but i don't regret anything else because those decisions, fuck ups and random collisions brought me my kids and yall... its wild

ArvinArmani likes this.
  7. OGBama

OGBama

ILLIEN
    Not starting my musical interest at a young age particularly teenage years.

ILL-GREEN and ArvinArmani like this.
  8. ILL-GREEN

ILL-GREEN

Monster One
    OGBama and ArvinArmani like this.
  9. ArvinArmani

ArvinArmani

Battle Points:
    Lol , im sure you'll never regret smokin in the studio , every dope rap producer i know smokes , and how good you produce , depends on how good is what you smoke . Best example is storch , he didnt produce a hit since he stopped smokin :D .

And if i regret 1 thing the most , is starting to sample . Since the first time i sampled , my creativity is deleted , all of my beats are flips of other songs or samples . I also didnt have any progress in beatmakin since that .

ILL-GREEN likes this.
  10. RizzakBeats

RizzakBeats

Battle Points:
    1. Taking Breaks of making beats
    2. Getting a girlfriend that wasted your time for just hanging around all day long and also trying to pull you down to her inspirational 0-point
    3. I'm not as confident as I try to look like. It's hard for me to push myself to reach out to people, but I work on this side of mine to. I also often lose my focus during the day because of my smartphone :mad:

ArvinArmani likes this.
  11. ArvinArmani

ArvinArmani

Battle Points:
    Takin breaks ? Why ? Breaks usually help me alot , 1 month , 1 week breaks
    Seriously , check whiplash breakup scene out , its hilarious , specially to you

One of my experiences is i realized Self Esteem in connection other people ( like at work or in school ) doesnt matter so much , the one that really matters is Your confidence , to yourself . Anytime you feel weak , just work harder , at least it proves to you that you aint weak , right ?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  12. RizzakBeats

RizzakBeats

Battle Points:
    Yeah, your kind of breaks are okay, but my kind of breaks were like more than 1 year, so basically i gained experience when i was in the beat making phase, but then lost it again when i took the break because i wanted to do other things. so when i started again i was like on the zero point of experience and had to start over again. - watched that clip, hell yeah, but in my case it was a fact that i had to stop doing what i was doing and just chill and watch some shitty brainwash tv all day with her to get lazy. -

Yeah, I work as hard as I can, get up really early to start my day with full power and stuff, but it's just one side of the business. You have to know what you are doing with your crafting skills but PLUS people need to get to know you. And it's your task to reach out to people, I guess I don't know the right approach YET but I'm about to figure it out.

ArvinArmani likes this.
  13. OGBama

OGBama

ILLIEN
    @RizzakBeats @ArvinArmani breaks are a must and don't believe cats who say you have to grind without ceasing as that is a path to nervous breakdowns and mental health treatment in America is in crisis. Only thing that should be done without ceasing is prayer given whomever deity you believe in. Music and life is about securing your own distinct path.

14. ILL-GREEN

ILL-GREEN

Monster One
    True dat OGBama!

One might make 100 beats a day but maybe 5 might be dope. Quantity over quality will never reign the victor.

For anything, I think a hiatus from beats makes you better at it. I think its because you come at it from a memory perspective but at the same time you wanna break out from the routine and try new things.

15. OGBama

OGBama

ILLIEN
    @ILL GREEN I believe in quality over quantity. The latter is a practice measure which is why they say repetition is key.

16. RizzakBeats

RizzakBeats

Battle Points:
    Yeah, @ILL-GREEN @OGBama you two are right, quality is always better than quantity. I'm working so much because I want to make the beat making process like my language. I dont need to think a lot about what I'm saying and I'm doing it and I want to be this beat making process like my language.
    In my opinion, making great art is about a very good imagination. I'm also playing the jazzpiano and there was one guy on YouTube, who said: It's not the Piano making the Music, it's just an instrument, it's the connecting point between the song saved in your imagination and the outer world.
    And that's my point of view. You have to know what you want to do and you have to imagine the done beat in your head as if it is already real and then you get step by step closer to it as you are move on in the beat making process. But this is high level, maybe I'll never reach this point but I try as hard as I can.

ArvinArmani likes this.