Warzone Beat Battle - June 29-30, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next battle will be from June 29-30th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on June 29th at 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we reach 16 contestants (whichever comes first). Voting will be for 1 day, on June 30th, where the results will be posted the same day.

When you signup, you MUST upload all 4 of your beats. The upload page will close at 8pm ET!

The Signup page is here (click the "signup/upload" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: None

Rounds

• Round 1 will begin around 10am ET.
  • Rounds 2, 3, and 4 will begin as soon as the votes are tallied from the previous round. Usually it's about 30 minutes between rounds.
  • All beats must be no longer than 1 minute!
Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

warzone_flyer2018062930.png

shocro

DepthBySoulProductions - DBSBeats
Battle Points: 17
Ok, good to go, but lemme know if you didnt get 4 diff beats? :) Much appreciated - said all uploaded fine, one for each round - had to cut some down as many were over 2 min, then few after cut got to few secs over minute but didnt wanna take the chance so did lil more snipping lmfao - all shud be 56 secs- 1 min max :) Wish could listen to others before upload so know which best to do for each round tho lmao...Have feelin could win one of these rounds but if lose first, outta the brackets and the other beats wont be heard will they? :( If not, can recycle for another contest ;) Why not right :) Remixes of ones own beat i spose doesnt break any rules i can see anyhow lol :) Love this site and its contests tho! MANY GREAT PRODUCERS HERE! Very hard competition!

shocro

i'm all in!!!!!!
cool, your beats are dope and from what ive heard n seen youre one of top producers on this site - def one id be proud to beat one day (no pun intended lol) ;) lmao...Def hard competition! Just to be in the battles makes me feel really motivated to keep producing, and learning :) G luck! I know ill hear fire from ya! :)

shocro

OH, quick question @Fade or anyone else who can answer, i understand this is mostly hip-hop beats site, and i do make hip-hop beats sometimes also, but do alot of EDM, club , techno, dubstep type stuff - has anyone ever won a battle using EDM type club music here? Some can be classified as edm, but can also be used as hip-hop tho, i make genre blending beats often lmao, but just curious, especially cuz 1 or 2 of beats subbed can be classified more as EDM club, but be used as hiphop most likely - not sure preferences here, whats liked most etc, or if every beat HAS or is supposed to be hiphop or...?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ok, good to go, but lemme know if you didnt get 4 diff beats?
Yes.

has anyone ever won a battle using EDM type club music here?
Nope! It's because even though some have uploaded those types of beats in the past, since we're a Hip Hop site, that's what we expect in battles. So an EDM beat might be good but it doesn't qualify.

shocro

Yes.

Nope! It's because even though some have uploaded those types of beats in the past, since we're a Hip Hop site, that's what we expect in battles. So an EDM beat might be good but it doesn't qualify.
OH! Dang, is there anyway you can check make sure the beats i uploaded qualify for the contest? I can send diff ones if needed, just dont want to be disqualified for not subbin proper beat :( Thatd suck lol I think atleast 3 are good to go, but the first one i uploaded for round 1 may not qualify, not too sure

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
OH! Dang, is there anyway you can check make sure the beats i uploaded qualify for the contest? I can send diff ones if needed, just dont want to be disqualified for not subbin proper beat :( Thatd suck lol I think atleast 3 are good to go, but the first one i uploaded for round 1 may not qualify, not too sure
I'll be checking the beats soon but if you want to re-upload just go ahead, I'll take the latest ones you upload. Just make sure to specify the rounds.

hey @Fade did all 4 of mine go through?
Yes.

shocro

I think ill take my chances - if my round 1 beat doesnt qualify i figure could start with my round 2 beat, and just use the round 2,3,4 beat as round 1,2,3 beat, and if make it past 3 reuse the round 3 for round 4...since can use either 4 beats or use 1 beat for all 4 rounds i think it says? Figure thatll be fine :) I can freestyle or rap to all of em, so actually shud be good ;) lol Went back n tested if could flow to em, and i was able to so shud and cud count fine :)

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I think ill take my chances - if my round 1 beat doesnt qualify i figure could start with my round 2 beat, and just use the round 2,3,4 beat as round 1,2,3 beat, and if make it past 3 reuse the round 3 for round 4...since can use either 4 beats or use 1 beat for all 4 rounds i think it says? Figure thatll be fine :) I can freestyle or rap to all of em, so actually shud be good ;) lol Went back n tested if could flow to em, and i was able to so shud and cud count fine :)
I checked them out and it's not full-fledged EDM so it should be good. Good luck!

i never send All 4 beats because i'm afraid if one of them be better than the others without my knowledge about it :) and mostly because i'm scared of None of my beats being sent to the battle .
also i usually dont have 4 beats to send , specially right now .

Ok, good to go, but lemme know if you didnt get 4 diff beats? :) Much appreciated - said all uploaded fine, one for each round - had to cut some down as many were over 2 min, then few after cut got to few secs over minute but didnt wanna take the chance so did lil more snipping lmfao - all shud be 56 secs- 1 min max :) Wish could listen to others before upload so know which best to do for each round tho lmao...Have feelin could win one of these rounds but if lose first, outta the brackets and the other beats wont be heard will they? :( If not, can recycle for another contest ;) Why not right :) Remixes of ones own beat i spose doesnt break any rules i can see anyhow lol :) Love this site and its contests tho! MANY GREAT PRODUCERS HERE! Very hard competition!
Yeah if you don't make it past rd 2 then those track that didn't get heard you can recycle them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online