Beat This! - February 20-21, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from February 20-21st! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on February 20th at 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for 1 day, on February 21st, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: ELECTRIC GUITAR

Time Limit: 2 MINUTES

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Battle Points: 42
Interesting, I'm thinking this will mostly be a "splice" type battle. I'll see what cooks up this weekend in my kitchen...um seriously, my studio is in my dinning room and I cook before producing and mixing.

Beaubeats

Beau Beats
Battle Points: 3
On the 20'th are we looking for a link inside this post or just commenting that we would like to enter?

@Fade , Glad you're back bruh. i lost 2 artists this month tragically, and i'm kinda walking around in this blue funk...but i'm trying to keep going..but it's hard. Anyway good luck to everybody tomorrow:cool:

Cayenne

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 107
Ive voted and good luck to all contestants...a particular beat sounds familiar from a beat seller, don't know might be wrong but im trying to find out, if dats true then it is really bad uploading a royalty free beat from somebody...dats a breach....
it might also be that im confuse with so many samples..which ever be the case...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ive voted and good luck to all contestants...a particular beat sounds familiar from a beat seller, don't know might be wrong but im trying to find out, if dats true then it is really bad uploading a royalty free beat from somebody...dats a breach....
it might also be that im confuse with so many samples..which ever be the case...
If anyone else has info on this, let us know.

really good beats today, all though there were a few that didn't really have that electric guitar in it but they were still dope...good luck everybody

If anyone else has info on this, let us know.
well unfortunately, that's what royalty free means..it's free to use...even if you buy a kit..your still using something that somebody else made...just like the guitar samples in your beat..it's not you playing guitar somebody else made it and you add it to your beat...VST'S or any other form of plug ins that you use were created by someone else for you slice it and dice it anyway you please..if you bought it you own it...

@DEEZ BEATZ No I mean if anyone knows of someone stealing a beat or whatever for the competition...
Well, remember the last time I pointed it out it didn't go well..things got heated, people got insulted..so I'm going to stay out of this one.. I got a lot of things on my plate right now to be playing beat detective...lol. but I will let you know via pm if I notice anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online