Beat This! - March 27-28, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from March 27-28th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on March 27th at 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for 1 day, on March 28th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: SAMPLE FLIP

Time Limit: 2 MINUTES

• You MUST make a beat by sampling from this song.
  • You can use whatever part of the song you wish, but we MUST BE ABLE TO TELL IT'S FROM THE SONG.
  • This means you can use effects, reverse, etc, but not too much because otherwise we won't be able to hear the original music.
You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

Last edited:

Blockbars

Battle Points: 9
The next competition will be from March 27-28th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on March 27th at 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for 1 day, on March 28th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: SAMPLE FLIP

Time Limit: 2 MINUTES

• You MUST make a beat by sampling from this song.
  • You can use whatever part of the song you wish, but we MUST BE ABLE TO TELL IT'S FROM THE SONG.
  • This means you can use effects, reverse, etc, but not too much because otherwise we won't be able to hear the original music.
You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

View attachment 5057
i love this

ace slater

Battle Points: 3
aww shid shoulda read more was to excited..but that link tells me its to many downloads so....I still got it gudlookin

Beaubeats

Beau Beats
Battle Points: 3
I had a lot of fun making this one. Any size limitations on the mp3? trying to get the best possible version of it rendered so you don't have to convert it.

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Battle Points: 42
I have to be honest, not inspired by the sample but made something last minute to get the uninspirational part out my head and replace with urgency. But to hear these beats here I know some of y'all was inspired and liked the sample and it shows great racks everyone. Theres one track that stood out to me that I didn't vote for but is a worthy mention, its sounds like it was mixed on rocket monitors and simple interface because it has a dark sound to it but definitely can write a rap to it and it has a eerie quality too. Good luck y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online