Beat This! - November 20-21, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from November 20-21st! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on November 20th at 1pm ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for 1 day, on November 21st, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: NINJA TURTLES
Time Limit: 2 MINUTES

• You must make a beat by sampling this. (Right-click and save.)
  • You can chop the music and do what you want but we MUST be able to tell it's from the sample.
  • You an also use vocal snippets (talking, for example) from the Ninja Turtles cartoon or movie throughout your beat.
  • Shoutout to @Vossi Beats for the TMNT idea!
You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2019112021.png

I could make something but I’m not familiar with this particular one. I was thinking more of the Saturday morning carton ninja turtles theme vs the movie theme. It’s all good though

DrummaKing

I am going to try to do some work to this one for my first entry. I am looking to get active in this community. New to this site. Hope to show my skills. JV aka Ju$tV⭕te.
How often do these go on ?

was like everybody else working on those beats for the BATTLE THAT...but i got some TMNT MOVIES, so i just decided at the last minute to throw something together real quick..hope i make the deadline...it should only take me bout 30 mins to throw something together

Unfortunately, I will have to miss this one, thought I could squeeze one in but it wasn't enough time to prepare. Good luck to those that entered

a lot of dope ideas but the timing is so off on a lot of these beats also....some of you got it and some of you didn't...but overall everybody did the best with what they had and that's whats up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online