808 Drum Samples.

nydacaun

ill o.g.
Where can I find some good, free 808 drum samples? Wherever I look I have to pay for 'em or it's just a reference to them.

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I don't know if you're using a computer or not, but if so, you ever heard of the program Rebirth? It's probably more familiar to people into house and techno because it was a nearly perfect virtual model of the legendary Roland TB 303, but it also contains excellent virtual models of the TR-808 and the TR-909. It's rewire enabled so it can be opened in FL, Sonar, Reason and any other rewire host as a synth. It works and sounds nearly identical to the hardware versions. You could really tweak the 808 to the sound you want. You could lay out a pattern or just individual hits and then export the sound as .wav files. It's like ten years old so I think it's kind of slept on, but it's dope. The best part is that the company, Propellerhead, doesn't support it anymore so they retired it and put it up for free! Check it out...it's not gonna cost you anything. Mad people shelled out dough for it when they were still selling it. I'm curious if anybody else in here messes with it.

http://www.rebirthmuseum.com/

nydacaun

ill o.g.
Yeah I'm using a computer and I have rebirth but it won't work on my computer because I'm using 64 bit windows. But yeah, I didn't know much about it and never got to use it. I might install 32 bit sometime just so I can use it.

Oh, and thanks a lot sanova.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
no problem. and yea i got rebirth too. i never mess with it tho

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
J-ReZyN said:
I don't know if you're using a computer or not, but if so, you ever heard of the program Rebirth? It's probably more familiar to people into house and techno because it was a nearly perfect virtual model of the legendary Roland TB 303, but it also contains excellent virtual models of the TR-808 and the TR-909. It's rewire enabled so it can be opened in FL, Sonar, Reason and any other rewire host as a synth. It works and sounds nearly identical to the hardware versions. You could really tweak the 808 to the sound you want. You could lay out a pattern or just individual hits and then export the sound as .wav files. It's like ten years old so I think it's kind of slept on, but it's dope. The best part is that the company, Propellerhead, doesn't support it anymore so they retired it and put it up for free! Check it out...it's not gonna cost you anything. Mad people shelled out dough for it when they were still selling it. I'm curious if anybody else in here messes with it.

Holy crap, I had Rebirth back when it was just Birth. I didn't think anyone else ever used that stuff.

It was kinda cool... I never really did serious work on it, but I definately learned alot from it. Good looks, creepy avatar guy.

C

Chubb-E

M!nd_Ctrl said:
Grab the 808s and more here:

http://www.akaipro.com/arc_kotw.html

Peace,

Ctrl

Good Lookin.... This iS HQ... THanks

Big Mo said:
can i say somethin? (in back ground "i smoke weed) If you using reason..... your not a producer....touch them keys..... touch them keys boy. your
not a producer if your using reason.
phony ass myspace niggas your not a producer... understand that." - BIG MO

J

JMSoundzLTD

Nice posting guys, now to see if the ones i have are the same as whats above, lol.

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
J-ReZyN said:

I do. The 909 kick makes it's way into a lot of my beats. Filter it and it's ready to go.

I also use it for Ghettotech and Electro production.

members online