A digging story over the weekend.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
SO,

On Friday, I finished work bright and early, and decided to go to a local flea market for some digging. So I arrive there at about 1:30 pm and find a cluttered area full of records and books and decide to start there. I find a whole bunch of jazz / soul records amongst other goodies and ask the owner how much he charges, so he says "around two dollar" so I was thinking "GREAT" so I dig for about an hour, and find about 6 James Brown records, some Sam & Dave recs, Marvin Gaye, etc... and I go up to the dealer and he goes through the records counting, and he's like "Oh this is James Brown, so he starts counting ... "15$, 30$, 45$, 60$..." I was like yo guy, you said 2$ plus none of these records have inner sleeves and they're not in great condition, I'll give you 3$ each" but the fucknut insisted on charging more than 15-20$ for each! I just walked away and told him to keep them. He turned away an offer from some other guy before me as well... how do these guys actually make money?? I mean he had thousands of records, but he wasn't moving any of them...

So instead I found another stall that charged decent prices and walked away with some other gems...

I hate dealers that don't tell you the price, they waste so much of your time

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Haha ya, that's exactly it, nothing too uncommon! I would have loved to pack some of the sleeves, but the guy was in the "room" watching me dig, so I couldn't do much really. Anyways, this shit happens all the time, but I found some dope old ladies selling records for cheap, so just gotta browse.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Haha we just walk out with the records and thank the guy on the way out.

2nd_Man

The 2nd Generation Of Man
ill o.g.
yea, some shop owners are idiots. some have record shops for the pure love of records, some for business, both are gd. but then u get people who just wanna say "i own a record shop" and want to own a ton of records and be 'better' than every1. this seems like the 3rd guy

first is usually gd, but sometime i get the feeling im looked down upon a bit

but charity shops ftw, random finds, decent prices, and the old ladies think your nice because they dont expect young men to want to listen to records

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
What a fuckhead, I would talk to the owner of the flea market and have him thrown out. You spent all that time digging after he tells you the records are two bucks, then he says $15?
I would be pissed.
One note, I remember hitting a flea market late in the day, tons of 12" singles from the 70s and 80s, me and my friend scored around 150 records that day for 80 bucks, tons of great stuff. We carried them out i a huge plastic crate used for holding loaves of bread. Good times.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Haha ya! Sometimes you can get lucky and find friendly sellers, but other times you get the real cocksuckers... either way, it's fine by me, there are plenty of records around! Just gotta keep looking.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I went to the local flea market out here...and since I'm a regular...the lady hooks me up with a free record here and there....She'd grab one and say "you'd like this one...take it"

I think she likes me, though...

I wouldn't mind banging a 30something asian chick...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I'm going to....care to join?

LOL

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Only on Illmuzik can a thread about digging turn into an orgy! hahaha.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Word *high five*

members online