A. Single. Loop.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I found this one loop that I just wanna do the entire beat on this one little 2 bar loop...

I just fell in love with this shit....it's crazy......with just very few drops......

Ever come across that and say "fuck it, I'm gonna let this rock"?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Man thats a tough one, but I don't think I could do an entire beat on it unless I could put atleast 2 more variations on it, and usually thats not the case without adding a bunch of ish to it so I'd probably scrap it!

But cats like 2Good can take 2 notes and make a masterpiece...ish is crazy!

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I think as a beat by itself if it lacks the variation.. it may not be considered being great, but if you have some one on the track.... let that shit loop away because the rapper will give the track the variation it will need. Countless times I hear a beat or even make a beat that is just a loop with some drum changes... alone its not that great but when the emcee spits on it that whole package is fire.

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I think as a beat by itself if it lacks the variation.. it may not be considered being great, but if you have some one on the track.... let that shit loop away because the rapper will give the track the variation it will need. Countless times I hear a beat or even make a beat that is just a loop with some drum changes... alone its not that great but when the emcee spits on it that whole package is fire.

agreed. i'm working on one of these now. by itself, the track was, eh. had somebody spit on it, and i actually ended up taking OUT the little variation that i had in there to begin with.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Its a matter of preference...thats a great example of a good 2 bars being used for 3 mins...the sample is dope and putting the right mc on it would make it even better but as a producer, I wouldn't make a beat that I would have to rely on a mc to make my ish better. Thats settling imo but theres nothing wrong with that if thats the kind of producer you are. At minimum I would add more changes to it but then again, simplicity can make a song dope too.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I'll post the beat for yall if interested...

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
well said

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Its a matter of preference...thats a great example of a good 2 bars being used for 3 mins...the sample is dope and putting the right mc on it would make it even better but as a producer, I wouldn't make a beat that I would have to rely on a mc to make my ish better. Thats settling imo but theres nothing wrong with that if thats the kind of producer you are. At minimum I would add more changes to it but then again, simplicity can make a song dope too.

i got a feeling that i'm about to start a "Holy War" here, but what about Preemo's beats? They seem pretty bland to me, but put the right MC on them, hit after hit.

...and not so much of a war, especially since he won't drop Detox (LOL), but same for Dre. his shit is simple as hell, but i like 'em.

just my opinion though.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Word...So I posted the beat in the showcase if you guys wanna hear the joint...

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
50 cents early (mainstream) songs mostly consisted of like 4 bar or 2 bar loops. and they were catchy as hell for mainstream. strange.. if the artist can work the beat then it works.

the artist has to make the chorus sound different from the rest of the song through singing or different flow or w/e imo, and it should work.

btw. calm down is the best song to calm down to. lol