about to make a few moves....

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
first off, i have a few small events i will be performing at, church youth group type events, so thats cool.... we have a weekly hip hop show out here at the local skating ring that i will be at in a few months down the line.... so those are good starting points as far as performing..

i am doing the sound for my curch now for both our main services and college group worship ,which is pretty good experience because we have a large worship team......

i am going to be producing a 14 year old friend of mine 5 songs, all acoustic, guitar driven music as well as his band on a seperate project in exchange for guitar lessons and his electric acoustic guitar... worth at least $700 so thats a great deal for me.... plus the experience of producing music other than hip hop and expanding my pallette of sound, as well as experimenting with theirs and blending it with mine. my friend will play live acoustic on some tracks for my own projects...

plus i got an agent, who works with mainly actors but on the music side of things its engineers/producers for non hip hop acts like tori amos, people like that, but is (still) looking for hip hop acts. he just wants a demo of my best stuff, which i am working on new material for this, and whenever i get it he will check it out and show it around a bit. wether i get anything immediately from this or not, i will at least get some decent entry level industry feedback and exposure, and thats never a bad thing.

lastly i met a guy who works/rhymes with 4th avenue jones (remember ahmad? "back in the day, when i was young im not a kid anymore...."... his new group. not the greatest, but hey....not bad either) and asked me for a demo about a week ago and wants to hook up a session to see what i got.........

so, thats what is going on with me, making a few minor moves and about to begin seriosuly persuing some things, but i have made connections before where nothing ever materialized, so you never know...

anyone else got anything similar going on? i am tired of being a bedroom beat maker personally....

E

Equality 7-2521

congratulations Truth!

hope everything goes well....let us know how things progress

I know that Ahmad guy and i like the "back in the day" song. its really sad but he is a good rhymer.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Go gettem' Truth!

Those are definitly some positive things going on in your life and im glad to see your excited about it - thats how you should feel if your actually serious about persuing your musical talents to tha next level...
I wish you tha best of luck and hope that even if something doesnt materialize for you - that you can at least grow and learn from what your about to do...Its a good thing either way you look at it....But i wish you tha best of luck once again and if you seem to get on all of a sudden then tell yer agent about a cat named Steeze - maybe he wants some variety from tha Nor-Cal section???

Stay up homie!

Steeze

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
hey anyone else got anything going on? thats the real reason i posted this......

anyhow, thanks for the love..... its nice to see that lil bit of community up here... try finding that on those "other" sites!

seriously though, i think there are some good oppurtuniies here and i fully expect things to work out well, but not naive enough to think that it might not...... but if and when things start to go forward with some real projects, ya'll are going to get some business......also, you guys will be the ones to tell me wether or not my next few tracks would be worthy of a demo, a listen, wether or not you would listen to it, things like that. i have gotten some pretty good feedback up in the showcase so my confidance is good, thanks for that as well........ tracks i didnt think anyone would like got some of the best reviews, so thats a plus! but there will be some serious shout outs when i get my lil "unsigned hype" page in the source (that demo will also go to them...love or hate, they are the publicity standard in the biz, still) so peace..

by the way i am listening to the original song that "what more can i say" was sampled from..... i'm just pissed i didnt find it first.... he yguervy, you should flip that one!

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
HEY TRUTH GOOD LUCK TO U MAN iT FEELS GOOD TO SEE PEOPLE COMiN UP, i GOT A MEETiNG WiT RiGGS MoRALES i DiDNT REALLY PUBLiCiZE TOO MUCH ARoUND HERE BUT A FEW PEoPLE KNEW (RiGGS iS THE A&R AT SHADY RECoRDS) BUT THATS ABOUT iT. iM NoT DoiN MUCH ELSE, i KNOW TRUTH THERE ARE A LOT OF RECORDS iVE CAUGHT LATE THAT i KNOW i COULDA FLiPPED, i HAVENT HEARD THAT oNE YET.
MY HoMEGiRL WoRKS AT THE SoURCE SHE DOES THE UNSiGNED HYPE COLUMN AS AN iNTERN SHE SAYS THEY HAVE REFRIDGERATOR BOXES STACKED WiT DEMOS.

THERES SO MUCH TALENT ON THiS SiTE THOUGH, iF PEOPLE KEEP THEY HEADS STRAIGHT, AFRiQUE iS PEAKING AND HES LiKE 16, 17, GOTTA CRAWL BEFORE U WALK AND EVERYBODY ON HERE SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND THAT.CANT WAiT FoR THE FUTURE.
AND TRUTH iM STiLL BANGiNG THAT SiDESTEP PiANO SHiT...i HAD THiS GiRL HARMNiZiNG To iT THE oTHER DAY iTS CRAZY, i WiSH i DiD THAT.
CiTY.

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thats tight truth...we are remodeling our church, my dad is in charge of it and i was helping him with the sound system..$50,000!! hopefully i will be behind the mixer on sudays!

things been going good over here also, forsterbros..they are a label and management group, they manage zane, and have a contract with ea sports an playstation 2 for the music in their games, one of their top reps contacted me and wanted my stuff, so i sent him a press kit.

last night another label here in atl emailed me, he is a hip-hop a&r for this label, they are just starting out with hip hop, they have like freakin 300 rock artists..i was like whoa, so maybe i can mess with them.

other than that, i been down in the basement making tracks..lol...ive grown to like the basement pretty well, but one day when the time is right ill move on..i dont rush things..

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
hey, if you got someone to drop to that then go for it... lets make it a collabo! you can remix it or whatever... let your girl rock it, just put my name on the credits, co produced by.....cold truth!

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
PRoDUCED BY CoLD TRuTH
ASSiSTED BY CiTY (i AiNT TRYiN TO TAKE YoUR CREDiT) BUT i WiLL PUT SHoRTY THRoUGH AND LET U KNOW WHAT THE RESULTS ARE.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
alright... if you got an mc that would be cool as well... you can spit on it, you should, i know you spit....

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
^^^^double postin is gangsta lol good luck with the a & r poeple cuz because god knows we tired of the same soundin beats comin from shady aftermath they need ya fo real, oh and when ya get there tell them city sent ya *runs*:scared:

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
YEAH i SPiT, I BEEN RECoRDiNG LiKE CRAZY OVER THE PAST WEEK, BUT NOTHING OVER ANY OF MY BEATS, BUT I DO GOT SOME SHIT FOR YALL FOR THE NEXT SHOWCASE...LOOKOUT

mod1

ILLMUZIK Bell-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Hey my name is Ahmad and that song is tight.Goodluck Truth

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
GOLDY U A FOOL, MY MEETING GOT POSTPONED TIL NEXT WEDNESDAY FOR WHATEVER REASON, BUT IT GAVE ME AN OPPURTUNITY TO RECORD WIT MY FAM IM GONNA POST THAT WHEN I GET THAT, WERE PERFORMING ON DEC 8 AT RUSSELL SIMMONS CHRISTMAS PARTY, ITS GONNA BE DOPE BESIDES THAT, TRUTH- TAKE THAT TRACK AND RUN WIT IT, IT SOUNDS LIKE ITS REALLY HITTIN HOME, I HAVENT REALLY BEEN SHOPPING IT LIKE THAT BECAUSE I HEARD THE SAMPLE ON ANOTHER TRACK, WHICH IM NOT REALLY SURPRISED CUZ THAT WHOLE O'JAYS ALBUM HAS BEEN RAPED BUT YEAH I FEEL U ON THE ISSUES MAN.DO WHAT U WANT, I GOTTA ARRANGE FOR U TO DOWNLOAD IT CUZ ITS UNFAIR, I GOT THAT SIDESTICK PIANO SHIT.
OH MY I MET THIS FILIPINO CHICK TODAY SHE SPITS.....IM SPEECHLESS, BUT ANYWAY MORE DEVELOPMENTS AS THEY COME.
THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT YALL, TRUTH U KNOW THE DEAL.

TELL EM CiTY SENT YA!!!