UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Great post. Thx a million. :D

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
oooooooh yehhhh, been looking for some nice acapella's, good looking famly! i hate trying find tempo for them tho, :mad:
still,

Get the tempo from the original song that the lyrics came from by way of Propellerheads Recycle or what ever chopping software you use. It's the best way IMO.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
oh just incase some people dont know, sometimes when u find the EXACT tempo of the original track, the tempo could be slightly off when u use the acapella, this would usually be down to wether its sample rate / bit size is differebt to the original. this is only slightly off but i have heard it can be a problem?? does anyone know the truth in this??

also time signatures could be a problem

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
MP3 and other compression formats actually 'shifts' the content of the file by creating a brief blank space in the beginning. That's why you should always refer to the original track for placement.

Time signature can be an issue if you have dinstinct verses, hooks and bridges (not really a problem for me as my stuff tends to be extremely loopy).

Another thing you should consider when you remix is the swing level/rate of the drums. Very often this is what makes a remix 'off' (and I do that on a regular basis lol). If the original track has robotic drums with no or low swing , you may want to replicate that in your remix (and vice versa with high swing levels). You can mimic the swing level of the original track by juxtaposing it with the new beat. When the old and the new beats blend , you know have the right swing level.

oh just incase some people dont know, sometimes when u find the EXACT tempo of the original track, the tempo could be slightly off when u use the acapella, this would usually be down to wether its sample rate / bit size is differebt to the original. this is only slightly off but i have heard it can be a problem?? does anyone know the truth in this??

also time signatures could be a problem

dj360_iNfInItE1

ill o.g.
You can always just chop up the vocals verse by verse and chop the hook, (if any), and sync them up individually. Make sure the "elastique" time stretch is enabled on the play list. You can chop up the vocals easy enough with Edison. Doesn't really matter what the B.P.M. is unless you want to keep it at the same tempo of the original song.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
You can always just chop up the vocals verse by verse and chop the hook, (if any), and sync them up individually. Make sure the "elastique" time stretch is enabled on the play list. You can chop up the vocals easy enough with Edison. Doesn't really matter what the B.P.M. is unless you want to keep it at the same tempo of the original song.

well it does matter the orignal tempo if ur going to timstretch it to match your track and have to put an input tempo, doing it the way u said u would need to know the exact number of bars etc, and frequently some rappers start their verse before the begining of the actual verse

dj360_iNfInItE1

ill o.g.
Maybe I just have an ear for it or something. I really haven't had much trouble with lining up vocals to the music and having it on beat. All I do is listen to it and if it sounds on beat, it is. LOL! I just time stretch it if it goes off tempo. I guess it would be different if you aren't using FL Studio.

dj360_iNfInItE1

ill o.g.
yh im using cubase init. but thing is tho, some rappers like jay-z and snoop dogg have kinda an unatural flo at times, and start and stop almost randomly. wich can be very decieptful at to where they should be hitting

True, but if you are familiar with the original song, you could get it on beat cause you know that feel of the original song is. That's why I don't like to remix songs I am not totally familiar with. If I know the song then I know how I want it to sound and it's not too much of a challenge at that point.

dj360_iNfInItE1

ill o.g.
Yeah, that's true too. U have to be careful not to forget your creativity. IMO, you don't want the remix to sound exactly like the original with just different music. Hehehe. I did a remix of "Stand Up" by Ludacris and not only is the tempo slower, I took out the chick singing. I wanted to sound underground and raw. His voice is still the right pitch I just time stretched it a bit. :D

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Yeah, that's true too. U have to be careful not to forget your creativity. IMO, you don't want the remix to sound exactly like the original with just different music. Hehehe. I did a remix of "Stand Up" by Ludacris and not only is the tempo slower, I took out the chick singing. I wanted to sound underground and raw. His voice is still the right pitch I just time stretched it a bit. :D

yh this tru, if u make sumthing similar to the original, it will be bit counter productive as the original was prolly wrote to that beat so yours will just sounds like a cheap version in comparison. coz people will be used to hearing the original, tht will more than likely be more suited to the vocal.

dj360_iNfInItE1

ill o.g.
^^yep yep^^