acoustic foam??

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
I finally got some monitors, so now its time for working on the room acoustics.
Is acoustic foam any good other than looking cool on the wall??
Or should I take the time to make some rockwopol/fiberglass absorbers and put them on the walls and corners? Maybe 1 or 2 hanging a few inches below the ceiling?

Want to make the whole room sound better not only in front of my desk.

3ternal

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
I don't think it necessarily has to be "acoustic" foam. I've always felt like that was a bit of a scam to charge an absurd price for foam. Call that stuff "acoustic foam" and now you're selling something for 100's or even 1000's of times the price it takes to make.

I got lucky and a friend of mine gave me a bunch of 1X1 squares of foam. I went and stuck those to particle boards. I screwed eyelets into the tops of the particle boards so that I can just put some screws/nails up and hang them. The foam itself isn't anything special. IDK if it was necessarily "high grade" studio foam, but I can't even see that being justifiably priced so high.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
The studio acoustic foam I've seen is a lot denser than any other type of foam I've seen before. It seems to be the same kind astwhat they put on microphones and on the front of some speakers. Don't know if that's the case but that does make sense in that it has some kind of properties to it other types of regular foam doesn't have.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm not an expert but I remember writing this as a guide a few years ago:

members online