Akai Mpc5000 Vs. Roland Mv8800 ?

3CNB Prod

5k cost is about 1k pounds and Mv8800 is about 500pounds. Many people says that both are powerful machines but since I never had use any off them I don't really know the truth. So if any one can say some good or bad things about them would be much appreciated. Thanks!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
well a sampler gives out whatever you put in. And both the MPC5k and Roland MV are DIGITAL samplers. So they literally should all sound pretty darn similar. Get the one that has the best workflow for your needs, but saying Mashine sounds digital is simply not a good way to compare those three units.

PS this beat was made in Maschine, does it sound "digital" at all?

3CNB Prod

drums were recorder live and may be then sampled with mashine. all I am asking is if any one hade any od them and can compare functionality and stuff. and if talking about mashine I have same shit with mpd24+slisex in fl studio and a lot cheaper.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
umm, nope. No they where not. All sampled off vinyl. At any rate. The Roland is MUCH more powerful than ANY MPC but is considerably harder to use and learn. PS FL studio is already more powerful than any MPC. But Maschine is faster than everything we have discussed. Coming from someone that has owned/used all of them. ALL of these devices convert analog signal to digital, so none of these are ANALOG devices, if you like the workflow of one over the other than thats fine. But honestly I would pick FL over an MP/MV any day, and in fact I would pick FL over Maschine.

PS

3CNB Prod

yeah man I know all of that stuff. and I am not going to give up mpd+fl, I also want to have mv/mpc and work just with that some time. more creativity. just a question which one to pick.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
both the MV and 5k are standalone machines.. im not sure about maschine, but those 2 ur thinkin bout do not need a computer to work.. u can make a beat without any assistance.. once again, if ur into creatin new sounds from existing ones, and the samples u have, then go the 5k route.. RS fo' LIFE!!!

da relic

3CNB Prod

aha, so if machine is not stand-alone so it is same shit like mpd32+ableton or Fl studio just a lot cheaper lol.
I think im gonna take mpc. but any way no one gave any proper criticism about both machines just kept talking about NI Machine lol. :D

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
No the workflow of the Maschine software is much faster than Ableton or FL, so it is not the same at all and in fact superior to an MPC, PS the new MPC ren is in the same boat as Maschine, standalone boxs are dying fast.

But I did give proper criticisms of both machines if you read what I wrote. Let me break it down again.

MV880, REALLY powerful and flexible. You can do everything including mastering with it. Thing is a beast but REALLY hard to learn and use. Also it is discontinued so there will be no more updates or support, this makes it cheaper.

MPC5000, not near as powerful as the MV but supper easy to use and really fun to chop and get a groove going.

Personally I would STILL get Maschine over both of them. What else would you like to know as I have used all of them extensively.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I can't speak for the MPC or Roland, but Maschine is nothing like the MPD and Ableton or FL Studio. Like @thedreampolice mentioned, the workflow is much better. I had and MPD24 and used it with various software until I gave up, it was not fluid like I thought it would be. Maschine (and I'm assuming the Renaissance) are on a different level at this point.

3CNB Prod

well I have mpd24 now with fl+turntable and I have mapped it to slisex and other plugins , so far slisex+mpd24 is like mpc I think with marker movement, time stretching, pitch and other features also I mapped it to other plugins and im enjoying this setup so far.(there is some little issues thought) that's why I was thinking about getting the mpc5k or MV8800. i know about machine but i has its own software and don really want to change anything yet. that's why i want to keep my current setup and try some peace of hardware like those machines at the same time.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Ya, but Maschine runs like a standalone peace as well(does need a computer but you can turn off the computer screen if you like). And is REALLY fast to work in, Watch this video and you can see what I mean

honestly man I don't know that I would buy a full on hardware peace these days. FL is WICKED powerful. I sold off ALL my hardware quite a while ago and never looked back. YMMV

Last edited: