Alright this is seriously getting outta hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
I just turned on mtv and i saw Lloyd Banks and Young Buck and Daddy Yankee vremix video..i swear to god this is ridiculous now..like i thought hip hop or music period wuz at its lowest point and i see this...im juss disgusted by this garbage WHEN IS IS GONNA END!!!!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Fury said:
im juss disgusted by this garbage WHEN IS IS GONNA END!!!!
as long as they continue to make millions of dollars it will never end, also a lot times fingers are pointed to the artists but remember the labels and the money making marketing minds that many times never even know the words hip hop till they worked at a label LOL are whats setting a lot of this craziness up, they going for every market (Daddy Yankee reggaeton and G unit and cashing in on as much sales as possible) this is business bottom line, the game is greed, you want real hip hop you gotta turn the tv set off, exhale and then go to the underground and never come back its been pretty ridiculous for awhile.

Eurydice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You know whats strange? I have access to download any songs. I have some websites that I belong to that I can get Cd's before they are even schedule to drop, and you know what I keep listening to? Old school music, or unsigned underground artist. I am at the point that I am praying for a resurrection of hip hop. Its weird because I try and keep an open ear to the streets and to be open minded to new artist and new movements, but it seems like hip hop has become a revolving door of gangster pop and the neutralization of immigrant hip hop. I think that hip hop is slowly declining and mainstream has over populated itself so much that every artist and every song has mass reproduced itself into its one worst enemy....mass reproduction.... I had a conversation with a fellow hip hop head who happens to be a starving artist, and he asked me what do I think the reason is that he can catch a break in the industry. I looked him straight in the eye and told him" Man, the game ain't changed ...naw dawg its the ears listening that have changed. We have become our parents, ranting of better times ,and gloating of our days of real music. Our parents Curtis Mayfield is our Jay Z ( Reasonable doubt not S.Carter) and their Marvin Gay is our Mosdelf...and so on......."

Brother I feel your pain... in order for their to be change in this...we need everyone to be liberated and freed from the commercial garbage and fads...we need a new leader.. not a recycled version of him....we need the real thing. Thats what makes sites like this so powerful.. One of you talented people most likely will resurrect the truth and set the music world on fire...untill then ....as long as the misguided keeps buying ...the Man will keep pushing.......

(dam I must be pissed...lol)

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Eurydice said:
You know whats strange? I have access to download any songs. I have some websites that I belong to that I can get Cd's before they are even schedule to drop, and you know what I keep listening to? Old school music, or unsigned underground artist. I am at the point that I am praying for a resurrection of hip hop. Its weird because I try and keep an open ear to the streets and to be open minded to new artist and new movements, but it seems like hip hop has become a revolving door of gangster pop and the neutralization of immigrant hip hop. I think that hip hop is slowly declining and mainstream has over populated itself so much that every artist and every song has mass reproduced itself into its one worst enemy....mass reproduction.... I had a conversation with a fellow hip hop head who happens to be a starving artist, and he asked me what do I think the reason is that he can catch a break in the industry. I looked him straight in the eye and told him" Man, the game ain't changed ...naw dawg its the ears listening that have changed. We have become our parents, ranting of better times ,and gloating of our days of real music. Our parents Curtis Mayfield is our Jay Z ( Reasonable doubt not S.Carter) and their Marvin Gay is our Mosdelf...and so on......."

Brother I feel your pain... in order for their to be change in this...we need everyone to be liberated and freed from the commercial garbage and fads...we need a new leader.. not a recycled version of him....we need the real thing. Thats what makes sites like this so powerful.. One of you talented people most likely will resurrect the truth and set the music world on fire...untill then ....as long as the misguided keeps buying ...the Man will keep pushing.......

(dam I must be pissed...lol)
DONT WORRY ILL BE THE LEADER...WHOS WITH ME ON FIGHTING THE INDUSTRY!!

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Fury said:
DONT WORRY ILL BE THE LEADER...WHOS WITH ME ON FIGHTING THE INDUSTRY!!

ehh, this is what happens to everything that become rich and bloated. next thang you know they'll have openly gay rappers collabin with g-unit.. that's their thang, their problem.

...meanwhile in a studio in tulsa, oklahoma....

an enigma known only as chrono t is busy working on the mainstream of the future.. only this mainstream has a fatal destruk mechanism that only him and his cohorts are obliged too.. a mechanism of true illness that takes what it wants while luring in the wack only to trap and bitchslap them into dimension X

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
That, my friends is called "corporate hip hop". There is a rich man sitting behind a desk that is dictating to us what rappers are supposed to look & sound like and what women (black women particularly) are worth. This image sells $$$$$$$. The more $ the more you hear this crap and the more you see these images. Just like corporate america...if it sells, produce..produce...produce!!!! Hip hop didn't start out this way. It started with a message, a message about society and it's ills. Now it's just about booty, whips and bills.

Thank goodness for the underground I guess

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i think hiphop has no mom an it's father blockpartied in the 80's, got into coke, and now worthless. it has no direction or conscious. I think very much like a kid that grows up with no guidence whose decisions always lead to their own collapse. but like fury was sayin.. we can be representational foster parents. an like eury said, i'm down'''

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
this is crazy, i just did a song about this very issue.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
GRAFIK said:

word...good music is good music and crap is crap.
but as far as hiphop on mtv, thats not our hiphop, well at least not mine. the playlists are business economists' calculations of what will make teenagers keep thinking materialistic.
good hiphop does not, period.
who cares, hiphop will stay where it always has been, on the jams, in the walkmen on the streets. voice of the good vibes and simple mans' problems.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
What makes me sad in todays hip hop is that stupidification of it all.

It's only simple one synth, bassdrum and handclap in todays beats. And the lyrics are 100% pure garbage.
It feels like the "Man" want's hip hop with a message to vanish. Dangeroud hip hop that shakes the system and is political.

No no, switch the ideals and political awareness to a guy rapping about cars and hoes and gold and diamonds

Hip hop is not dangerous anymore. It's not about changing the world anymore. Now it's just about changing you teeth to gold and car to chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.