Any comments on MPC 4000 ?

C

charlysparks

Love it or hate it , it's a step forward.

Post your sentiments here.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It looks dope. I think this time around Akai had done some major improvements, considering the fact that the MPC is so widely used in today's music production.

The only problem I think, will be the price! I'm sure it's gonna cost a lot of loot. $$$ Ching Ching.

C

charlysparks

It also looks a bit of a monster.
Definitely a studio tool.
***A while ago i suggested a powerbook sized playback only MPC would be useful for "LIVE" (but how many people would have bought it?)
Now with this beast , that might be an essential (and presumably affordable to someone who could afford the thousands of ££ or $$ this thing will cost)***

The case looks a bit plastic , but who can tell from a photo?

I'd like to check it out , but its gonna be a long while before that graces my studio.

J

jbit24

It's gonna be dope. But I'm sure it's also gonna be mad expensive too. It looks like a whole production center so cats will have to learn a brand new way of making beats I guess.

C

charlysparks

$3-4,000 its a major investment
Aint worked out exactly what that is in British pounds yet , but its like what Mpc 60 cost (going back a few years).

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
WHOA!

Are you talking $3 - 4,000 in U.S. dollars? That would probably cost around $50,000 Canadian! LOL. j/k

But seriously, I checked out the prices here (Montreal) for the Akai S6000 sampler, and they were selling it at this store for like $2700!!! In the U.S. it's like $1200 or something like that. Same thing with the MPC2000xl, in the U.S. it's $1200 brand new, here in Canada we're talking $2500. That's just ridiculous.

I can't believe the Canadian dollar is so messed up! You know, there was a time when the Canadian dollar was actually worth MORE than the American one. Of course that didn't last long, but it really sucks because we're not a third-world country, we're right upstairs from the U.S., you'd figure the dollar would be equal. :mad:

C

charlysparks

$1200 for the akai s6000 in the u.s. ?
Thats incredible
The price has crashed here in the U.K. too but its not that cheap.
Maybe i should check that out next time i visit the U.S.

You think the Canadian Dollar is messed up ? - they are threatnin' to give us the Euro here.

Bring back L.s.d. ---- ( that means Pounds , shillings and pence , by the way)

Seriously though,... gear is so cheap these days
I can remember the days of the £30,000 fairlight haha

All this maths , makes my head hurt .

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
MPC 4000???? Hmmm........ We wont really know if its worth it or not really until we see the specs. What it can do and what it cant do. But for now, based on pictures, its dope! I'd pay for it.

G

Gasman

Im selling my 2000xl for $1100. 32mb, 8 out, digital out, smpte. It' s in excellent shape except for 1 scratch on the back. It still looks as beautiful as I got it. I paid $1800. I know I paid too much but if interested email me chopping4fun@hotmail.com. I' ll throw in an omega 100mb external zip for an extra $50.( youll need this).

G

Gasman

I forgot too say I' m getting a 4000. Lucky me Ive been putting it in my budget for a month already. Cant wait till may.

B

Briellz

I got to play with the Akai MPC 4000 a few times. Its a nice sampler, there so many functions on the damn thing it makes me sick.

I wouldn't buy it though, well I don't know (MAYBE). You can bang out decent tracks on the MPC 4000 and MPC 2000XL and they'll both sound the same. There really is no difference.....its bigger, more memory, umm...CDplayer, realtime...and little stuff like that. And it has Preloaded sounds like strings and other crap.

members online