Anyone can recreate this lead?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Yes, I can. They are using a couple things. First they are using an LFO to modulate part of the filters. It would be a good guess to start by modulating the ADSR envelopes with the LFO. It also sounds like they may be using some sort of cut off filter, to slow it down. Honestly I would just automate this by hand, but you could use a second LFO to handle these duties if your synth has multiple LFO's. It will take some experimenting to get it just right, but it is easy once you see how it all works.

Are you a Reason user? If so I can be more specific on how to do this with Thor.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
I have reason sitting next to me on a CD waiting to be installed. Still debating getting it installed or not.

To get the main sound I've kind of made a Saw sound, several together, as rough as I could get it, then I've thrown it through waves guitar amp. I've done this in Zeta+ by the way.

Thanks for the offer dreampopo, when I get it installed I'll be sure to take you up on that!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
my guess here, sounds more like a bassline then lead :)

NI Massive,

OSC1 square / LP(to lfo free draw).
OSC2 freedraw waveform (almost square) / no detune / BP(to lfo free draw).

also some subtle xmod, subtle resonance and heavy processing for the rest.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Yeah I was thinking it was made in Massive.

It's kinda interesting, just like how the Moog had a defining sound, I think Massive will probably be a defining sound of this era. Can usually tell when something's came from Massive.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Okay, from watching that tutorial on Thor, I clocked how to get Zeta+ to piss about with the lfo/cutoff. Not sure if I can add automation to the lfo range/amount. If I can i'll do that, if not I'll just modulate it while mod wheel.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
ofc, you can automate lfo/range or use xmod in the zeta matrix but my bet here is the freedraw lfo's in Massive. Im also very sure you can do this in Albino but the delivery of the sound isnt done in the vsti. Good compresion/eq and mastering did the rest of that sound.