Are These Monitors Chill???

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I got Behringer monitors "I hate em"! Save up your money and get something bi-amp'd with a 8 inch low end driver so you can really hear what that bass is doing. I'm saving up for them M-Audio joints right now.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
look for dynaudio, tannoy, yamaha, mackie, adam, and jbl to name a few. certain of the models will give you an accurate sound and will provide the low end, which m audio has been criticized for lacking. for small speakers but not the main ones, the auratones have been raved about.

monitors are a subjective thing so make sure and hear them 1st. bring a reference cd and hear what they sound like with your favorite songs sonically. if you can't, see if there's another store or a studio that uses any monitor you're interested in and inquire whether it's cool to check the studio for possible booking, then preview the ref cd in their monitors. your place might not have the same treatment as the studio but you'll get a good idea of the sound ad response, as well as, seeing whether the studio, big or small, would be a place worth tracking at in the future (some have horrible acoustics despite the size, some have effed up the wiring or don't have sufficient monitors for a type of music, either too coloured or lacking certain things like bottom)

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
i wudnt cop moniters on ebay..there not just speakers moniters have there own unique sound and characteristics..and before buying u need to listen to these speakers so u can make sure u get the one best for you...

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I'm getting these...not the small ones!

M Audio Studiophile BX8a Deluxe Powered Studio Monitors

The M Audio Studiophile BX8a Studio Monitors are revered around the world for their exceptional sonic accuracy.
The new Studiophile BX8a Deluxe system builds on this legacy with new waveguides and enhanced driver integration for greater high-frequency clarity and refined sound. The magnetically shielded monitors feature 8-inch curved Kevlar low-frequency drivers plus high-temperature voice coils and damped rubber surrounds for durability and fidelity. The 1-1/4 inch natural silk, waveguide-loaded tweeters deliver a high end that’s both clear and easy on the ears. Custom-tuned crossovers distribute 130 watts of bi-amplified power for optimal frequency handling by each driver.

M Audio BX8a Features

* exceptional driver integration - well-balanced sound with superior detail
* 1-1/4 inch waveguide-loaded high-frequency drivers - excellent clarity
* 8-inch Kevlar low-frequency drivers - high resilience and durability
* 130 watts of bi-amplified power with crossover - dedicated reproduction of high and low frequencies
* magnetic shielding - electronic equipment coexists without interference

Deluxe edition
The Studiophile BX8a Deluxe monitors update the best-selling M-Audio BX8a system with a variety of enhancements. The new waveguide delivers a cleaner sound. Custom amplifier tuning enhances the integration between the high and low frequencies, delivering refined spectral balance and a smoother response. An elegant new industrial design completes the package.

Kevlar low-frequency drivers
To insure a lifetime of service, M Audio constructed the BX8a monitor’s 8 inch low-frequency driver from woven Kevlar. Kevlar’s high mechanical and thermal resilience makes it ideal for use in speaker cones. M Audio engineers also created a curved conical design that improves room dispersion. High-damping reliable rubber surrounds provide percussive musical bass, and insure that the cone reaches its optimal excursion for accurate reproduction. And their high-temperature voice coils reduce power compression, guaranteeing that your monitors will deliver full performance hour after hour.

Silk-dome, waveguide-loaded, high-frequency drivers
M Audio's high-frequency domes are made from natural silk to counter the high Q ringing that is inherent in the poorly crafted metallic materials often found in other monitors. In addition, their new waveguides refine the high-frequency response. M Audio’s FerroFlow technology uses ferrofluid liquid cooling to dissipate heat for maximum efficiency and extended usage.

Bi-amplified efficiency
Active monitors have a distinct advantage over unpowered monitors because the built-in power amps are specially designed to work with the drivers and crossovers in a tuned system. Bi-amplification further refines the concept by dedicating separate power amps to the highs and lows. Combined with a finely tuned crossover, this design insures that both the high- and low-frequency drivers are asked to deliver only the frequencies they are most efficient at reproducing.

Rear-ported cabinet design
The Studiophile BX8a Deluxe monitor’s cabinet is integrally designed with its other components for optimal performance—right down to rounded corners for reduced edge diffraction and superior imaging. Custom rear-port design audibly reduces the turbulence and resulting distortion caused by poorly designed ports.

I still have my old faithfull Alesis Monitor ONES, cop'd the Behringer joints to replace them but it's not working out, blew a tweet in two weeks!

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
though not the end all or the final word, lil you should do a search at gearslutz for the bx8's and see what some users are saying (the good and the bad) and like i said, see if it can actually carry the bass properly. not sayin' they're shit, might be great for some, but there's never any guarantee with any of these monitors no matter the name. there's endless debates about the ns10m and whether it's really good or overhyped but a one time staple in a majority of studios (that's another thing, the trendiness of certain monitors at certain points in time)

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
though not the end all or the final word, lil you should do a search at gearslutz for the bx8's and see what some users are saying (the good and the bad) and like i said, see if it can actually carry the bass properly. not sayin' they're shit, might be great for some, but there's never any guarantee with any of these monitors no matter the name. there's endless debates about the ns10m and whether it's really good or overhyped but a one time staple in a majority of studios (that's another thing, the trendiness of certain monitors at certain points in time)

There in my price range #1 and I've actually listened to them personally #2. Of course they're not the best in the biz but I can't afford the best in the biz anyway. I think Spanish is trying to get something small, compact, less expensive but will hold up. I don't think those little B's are what he should cop even on a budget.

I never buy shit based on someones elses review, if I like it I'll buy it, I don't care who thinks its crap when it comes to my money.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
True. I'm balling on a budget though. Some specs raise the price hundreds of dollars. I have to go with what I can offord while trying to get some fairly descent specs at the same time.

Now should I hit the lotto....lmao..It'll be a diff't ball game!

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
so i took a look at the various monitors 7th referred to...

each brand has proper monitors... the dynaudio us pricey but seems to be worth it in the long run...

im finishing up a deal with some dude so soon ill have a higher budget

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Those high end speakers are priced "each". Spending $500 or better for one speaker is cool if you make money recording and mixing music but that's too much for me. $500 for the "pair" is as high as I can go doing music basically as a hobby.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
well, the use is important. if you don't really want to or are doing critical mixing and/or gettin' paid for it, the most expensive might not be the best choice. there's enough in the range of 200-700 a pair (new) that can give you the results you want, but it's all subjective. lookin' for deals i.e. musicians friend has a deal for both bx5 and bx8 http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/pro-audio?N=100001+706813+330818 and some yammys HS50M (199 each) http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/pro-audio?N=100001+706813+330818&page=8

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
well, the use is important. if you don't really want to or are doing critical mixing and/or gettin' paid for it, the most expensive might not be the best choice. there's enough in the range of 200-700 a pair (new) that can give you the results you want, but it's all subjective. lookin' for deals i.e. musicians friend has a deal for both bx5 and bx8 http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/pro-audio?N=100001+706813+330818

good lookin on that hoolup right there i think imma get the BX5a

I wanted to know is this mic legit... as in is it worth getting just for the house../??

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
are you talkin' about the sm58? shit's a staple and solid, there's better but you can't go wrong with at least 1 sm58 or 57. one thing, check for more deals there, i saw a lot of monitors and other shit i would've jumped on if i didn't make some purchases lately. it's ending next week, damn i'm pissed, that profire 2626 (scratch n' dent) at that price plus free shipping would've been nice

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
That's why I was going for those BX8's. I think they'll do the job for producing and minor league mixing.

members online