asr-10 question

erkl

Funky Walker Dirty Talker
ill o.g.
how does sampling across keys work on this, say i have 3 notes from a organ or something, does it pitch it differantly for keys or what ? i read something about it could make waveforms for sounds from user samples.. but i dont know what the limitations are with that ?

ill o.g.
Alright.

Its a little hard to understand until your in front of one with somebody who knows how to use it.
But here it is:

If you load one sample like an organ, into the asr, you select the "root key" and thats where the main sample will be. Every key above it goes a note higher. Every key below it goes a note lower. But if instead of makin a new instrument, you wanna put another sound into the asr, accessible at the same time as the organ, the when you select the root key of your next sound (maybe a piano)(say you selected it 10 keys above the organs root key), it will only take up half the keybord. So itll share with the organ. It will split the difference in half. So if you have 10 keys between the piano and the organ roots, each instrument will only go 5 keys until it crosses into the next instrument. You understand? Its easy to get once your workin with one and its a lot easier than it sounds.

ill o.g.
I dont really know notes, but you could have an organ tone in g# (if thats even a real not) and you could assign it to whatever key you want.

I dont know if i get yuor question, but you should really try to find somebody who can show you in person.

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
you have to get the samples across the pads. the samples will be chromatic form. then you can make a chord on the pads. i use to play chords on my asr x when i had it. sold it a while ago. check with Merc on this.

ill o.g.
nas2000xl said:
you have to get the samples across the pads. the samples will be chromatic form. then you can make a chord on the pads. i use to play chords on my asr x when i had it. sold it a while ago. check with Merc on this.

But erkls talkin bout the ASR10 not the X.

members online