Attack of the Beats! - Battle #189

Thank you @Fade :D I appreciate it a lot. I like winter too and prefer winter to summer so you are not alone :D

@GoldenBoy That oriental beat was amazing. The way it sounded was absolutely amazing. I liked it a lot. Big props from me.

@crosstevsky I don't know why but from the first seconds of your beat I immediately pictured it in Hotline Miami soundtrack. It could be in the third part of that game if they planned to make another one. It has its own unique character.

@Beatmaker88 I liked that flute in your beat :D And drums were original as Fade said.

@Fury Beats Practice, practice, practice and one more time practice.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I liked the Pharaoh beat most. Unlike Fade, I'm really into eastern/middle eastern sounds tho I don't use 'em anymore as we all rinsed 'em hard back in the day. Are any of these sounds samples/loops or all played/programmed?

No 'hot weather type beat' theme for beat this anytime soon then, eh, Fade? :woot:

Memento beat was cool too, I think my only real issue was I felt the piano felt a bit kinda programmed, i dunno,maybe it's all good but felt a bitprogrammed and too precise. There's a part in it, the kinda middle piano phrasing... it plays a very "memento" style phrase. I kinda notice that kinda sound(musically) in some of your other stuff too. The memento sound haha.
I actually liked the fact that there wasn't other stuff in it, kept it kinda sparse but not. It's good sometimes when people put less sounds.

Flooty sounds kinda bit like grime drum programming. The melodies n sounds almost sound like Wii game kinda like, mini game or something, Pokemon sushi go round or something. Interesting tho.

Last edited:
Memento beat was cool too, I think my only real issue was I felt the piano felt a bit kinda programmed, i dunno,maybe it's all good but felt a bitprogrammed and too precise. There's a part in it, the kinda middle piano phrasing... it plays a very "memento" style phrase. I kinda notice that kinda sound(musically) in some of your other stuff too. The memento sound haha.
I actually liked the fact that there wasn't other stuff in it, kept it kinda sparse but not. It's good sometimes when people put less sounds.

Thanks for feedback :D I wanted to keep it that way because piano itself takes a lot of space. At least this is my experience and opinion but everytime I use piano it fills the whole beat/music/song in an incredible way. So I didn't want to put anything else than drums there.

I only disagree with too programmed piano. I really tried to do my best when it comes to automation and make it sound as humane as possible. :D Besides in my opinion if you listen to let's say Zimmerman playing piano and some Chopin pieces of music they sound this way. At least to me. Because of the fact that I'm a big fan of Chopin's music and I've been listening to his stuff since I was 15 I wanted to make the piano part as Chopinesque as possible and I reckon I managed to do it. But I respect your opinion and thank you for sharing your thoughts about it. :D

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Thanks for feedback :D I wanted to keep it that way because piano itself takes a lot of space. At least this is my experience and opinion but everytime I use piano it fills the whole beat/music/song in an incredible way. So I didn't want to put anything else than drums there.

I only disagree with too programmed piano. I really tried to do my best when it comes to automation and make it sound as humane as possible. :D Besides in my opinion if you listen to let's say Zimmerman playing piano and some Chopin pieces of music they sound this way. At least to me. Because of the fact that I'm a big fan of Chopin's music and I've been listening to his stuff since I was 15 I wanted to make the piano part as Chopinesque as possible and I reckon I managed to do it. But I respect your opinion and thank you for sharing your thoughts about it. :D

Yeah this the thing, I felt like we had the convo before haha. And I also assumed you would seek to make it more 'human' by changing volumes and timings. So I dunno. Always worth the shout tho, and if you're happy with the sound that's top! I think i remember this from the piano beat this :D

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
Battle #189!

TRACK LIST:
  • Beatmaker88 - "Flooty"
  • crosstevsky - "Easy Moves"
  • Fury Beats - "X Fader"
  • GoldenBoy - "Pharaoh"
  • Memento Beats - "Etude"
@Beatmaker88 @crosstevsky @Fury Beats @GoldenBoy @Memento Beats

@Memento Beats @Fade Hey all...mine was a tribute to cross fading from over 20 to 30 years ago. Not sure how old you guys are. I am 45 and if you ever heard a live DJ hip hop set, it use to sound like that...hence the name, x fader, meaning cross fader...lol

members online