Attack of the Beats! - Battle #117

MystaKinfolk

Battle Points: 62
Sup Fade! Thanks for the review, just wanted to let you know that there are no samples on this song. It was all played by me!! And I think if you heard the actual song, you would like the switch in beat! The first part is singing and the second drops into a rap.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
@Fade I listened back to the beat... Made that like 6 months ago... I'm not hearing whats out of tune. Seems like everything is in E minor, could you be more specific on which parts are sounding out of tune to u?

Also the beat is composed of the sample (female vocal and guitar), with some keys, drums and 2 other guitar tracks I played over the sample... The sample was not pitched in any way, just chopped and filtered out some of the low end.

@MystaKinfolk I actually really liked the change up in your beat... The transition back into the first part towards the end was nice too and brought everything together.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Sup Fade! Thanks for the review, just wanted to let you know that there are no samples on this song. It was all played by me!! And I think if you heard the actual song, you would like the switch in beat! The first part is singing and the second drops into a rap.
Did I say sample? Sometimes I say that but just mean just the music. But yeah I'd like to hear the switch.

@Fade I listened back to the beat... Made that like 6 months ago... I'm not hearing whats out of tune. Seems like everything is in E minor, could you be more specific on which parts are sounding out of tune to u?

Also the beat is composed of the sample (female vocal and guitar), with some keys, drums and 2 other guitar tracks I played over the sample... The sample was not pitched in any way, just chopped and filtered out some of the low end.

@MystaKinfolk I actually really liked the change up in your beat... The transition back into the first part towards the end was nice too and brought everything together.
I figured the sample was just like that but to me it just seems in the wrong key, but that's just me. The whole guitar and vocals. Like I was saying, it's one of those things where the sample is great on its own but with other stuff it just seems off a bit. I've experienced that tons of times. Have you tried pitching it?

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
I figured the sample was just like that but to me it just seems in the wrong key, but that's just me. The whole guitar and vocals. Like I was saying, it's one of those things where the sample is great on its own but with other stuff it just seems off a bit. I've experienced that tons of times. Have you tried pitching it?

I haven't tried pitching it... The guitar sample is definitely in E minor. The vocals may be what ur hearing that make it sound off key, but I think that's just part of her vocal style... I'm a big fan of that lo-fi bluesy garage rock stuff... Early Black Keys, White Stripes, The Peach Kings etc. It's not that uncommon in that style of music for there to be some "wrong" notes or chords/notes that are slightly off key... It's all good tho, sounds good to me!

Didn't sound like there was much wrong with the levels or mixing, thats what I was worried about the most anyway, so cool, thanks for the input.

members online