Attack of the Beats! - Battle #139

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Battle Points: 42
@ALVI, Synth sounds great almost like analog or maybe it is. The out of key issue FADE mentioned could be fix with using a TUNE plug or analog tuning device as you play with you subtractive synth, and watch the tunner as it changes key to keep you aware, but then we're getting into MusicTheory and thats another advanced issue. Heres good news, our opinions really are just that, Take a listen to this out of tune track from SZA. Hope that help, but I really dig your out the box thinking.

@Andy, I disagree with FADE on intro, this is done on many songs where a singer can shine on the intro and build emotion and impact rises, then beat comes in to complement the vocals and songs build up. Just look up pop music like Tove Lo, or even the previous artist I just mentioned, her song applies here too SZA.

@LYVE1OH BEATS, I agree with fade on this one.

@MMKM, When I was trying to bob my head to this, I was distracted from the kik drums.
I disagree on what sounds, sound "hiphop" like your honky piano lol. Wonderful thing about hiphop is it can adapt to time and any genre, thats why theres a lot of hybrids out there. Shiit! think about it, if I went back in time with trap or Gucci Gang lol when LL Cool j or RunDMC they would laugh at me saying thats hiphop. But fast forward, I ask my son whats hiphop...he'll say little uzi vert or 21 savage. I'm a old school hiphop lover but life evolves and everything in it. I say take Fades, my self, and anyones advice to what works for you but not to the letter. Be Unique.

@Rod Roc, My opinion your samples stutter too repetitive. I say think of it as a percussion in a track even glitching it like trap HH and snare rolls. But I've been there before. Most mistakes and criticism have been shared by most of us here. This why I've been active here, theres somethings I see that I don't like but @Fade personal touch here has made it a great hang out.

@Fade, Really appreciate what you doing here. Most of all your interaction and new forum ideas and much more. BRAVO!

members online