Attack of the Beats! - Battle #119

DonPedro

Battle Points: 32
Thanks for your review, Fade!
You got it right with the muffled part. My intention was to lay vocals over that part, i usually build the beats with a vocal in my mind. Getting the arrangement right isn´t my biggest strenght, so i keep with a simple alternating verse/hook pattern.
Greetz

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Thanks for your review, Fade!
You got it right with the muffled part. My intention was to lay vocals over that part, i usually build the beats with a vocal in my mind. Getting the arrangement right isn´t my biggest strenght, so i keep with a simple alternating verse/hook pattern.
Greetz
The beat was really dope though, I liked it a lot. I just think something was missing but it's still really good.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
@Fade What beer u drinking? lol

@808 LXRD I like the idea behind this beat... Like Fade said, cleaning up the mix would help out tremendously.

@BeatsByBlack The overall mix sounds dull to me... Needs more brightness. Reverb on the snare would sound nice too. Layering of the synth sounds are nice tho.

@DonPedro I like the use of the sample. Is the sample on the hook the same as the verse, just filtering out some highs on the verse or is it a different loop? Like Fade said, I probably would've played some other instrument over the sample on the verse just to fill in some of those other frequencies... I personally was thinking strings b/c theyre in the sample but maybe go an octave or 2 lower on the verse... or acoustic guitar might sound good too...