Attention I need Yalls Opinion on something...

Are these beats a little too similar

• Yes if this was my dilema Id ask him not to use it

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No , the instruments are diff , the drums arent too similar let it fly!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
http://soundcloud.com/relic/holla-back

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=236586789703467

The top link is a beat I did with a singer , I didnt approve of the finished (or semi finished ) result cuz I just want to see the song go in a different direction. To be fair I have had like 5 diff vocalists on it and I havent been happy yet so its no fault of the singer.

The bottom link is the song he did after I said no Im going to keep shopping this beat or maybe we can rewrite..

Hopped on FB and listened , and I think we are cool so its no beef but please tell me if you think that the second link sounds too much like the first beatwise/music wise. Ill have to ask him not to use it if so, but you guys are fair so I thought it could be decided in an illmuzik death arena! lol

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Man, its basically identical except he's alittle dead on the 2nd.

Side Note: The Chorus is really boring. Basically its a played out phrase followed by a played out noun repeated in a low tone, have him rewrite it, his voice doesnt sound like a problem, its the words and the passion, he doesnt really sound like he cares haha

That could be why you dont like it

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I agree, the hook is dead, it doesn't "pop" and that to me is the whole point of a hook - to keep the listener hooked in.

They both sound the same beat-wise, I don't really hear a difference.

As for the vocals, sounds like he's kinda scared or something, afraid to belt it out. I guess like in that movie Hustle & Flow where the girl is afraid to sing and he forces it out of her, y'know?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Yea Relic, smack him around a bit. Make'em do it right lol

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
The beats are different?

Lol... dude, it's the same thing..

The hook is exactly as described. I think the hook is atrocious...

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
the beat sounds exactly the same. different claps but the same. it sounds like he was dozing off while putting down the hook.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
haha kay , yeah thats what I thought.
I think I have reached an agreement with him where Im going to float him some other trax. As a side note I really AM trying to find an artist to work on the track still so if any of yall know someone lemme know.
Like I say I have been through like 5 artists so far auditioning this track , at some point there will be a finished product!
If yall have Chris Brown number shoot it to me , Id be interested to see what he can do with it!

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
if you still own the track why does a deal have to be reached. putting vocals on it does not make it his.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Its a complete substandard remake of the beat. And what makes it worse is he calls it a Blaque Dymon Production with no credit for you, Id be mad.

Oh shit....

I didn't even catch that...

oh what a fucking bastard....
I'd cut the fucker off quick fast.... I'm not trying to instigate, but that's a smack in the face, my dude. If someone did that to me, I'd honestly resort to other means of resolving the issue other than calling the dude.

Your music is not just something you do, it is who you are....and what that person did was spit in your face when he recreated that shit and called it his.

It would even be different if he didn't know you...heard the record on soundclick, and thought he could put it together better and call it his...but the fact that you put him on the beat....you didn't like the approach of the record, so he REMADE the record, called it his own and STILL spit over the record..... Dude that's straight violation......

That is definitely not how I conduct business.....

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I wouldn't do shit right now....if....U have a recording of him singing that song over your beat! Let him put it out and then break his back! If his delivery and content is as bad as u say he won't make a dime from it anyway. I'd quitely invite the dude over and put my Tim's on...nahmean!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Yep....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
lmao.. I was being facetious....