Bandgang?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I have no idea what the hell is going on anymore. I saw it was trending that some "rapper" named Paid Will from BandGang is dead.

I have never heard of BandGang. Anyone here?

But I didn't post this in the music forum because seriously? I did a search to see what BandGang was:

Yet on Twitter it's all these people saying how sad they were that this rapper died. And to add to that, it's some new form of the English language that has me baffled.

Some of their quotes:

I’m sooooooo sad for Bandgang sht ah never be the same again RIP Paid Will , RIP jizzle
RIP paid will mane it’s crazy Detroit really losing good people

I don't understand:
Bagging up, daily routine nigga that’s a must. Good with the numbers but a lot of shit ain’t adding up. I been in my bag nigga you might catch me actin up. Thought he had a lick til that Draco had him backin up

How long have they been around!?! "when I was younger" LOL.
God damn bruh I used to listen to bandgang hella back when I was younger RIP paid will you was the hardest in tha group too

????
I gotta turn that in my bag on now man RIP Paid Will
One N*gga 20 Bows In My Household
I’m sick Fr RIP PAID WILL bmbg forever
Damn I’m sick asfk... One of my favorite rappers has passed away today. RIP PAID WILL I watched u glo up since 2014 when it was TR4620.

It would be nice to see the actual English language used nowadays, and I'm not even talking about lyrics at this point.

:headache:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Probably. I couldn't help myself from checking them out because your post caught my interest. :D
I mean, I guess it's part that I'm not into that stuff so obviously I don't know who they are, but there's plenty of these rappers today where I at least heard their name somewhere. These guys, nothing. Weird.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Maybe they are like he who shall not be named hahahah :D Milions of views yet nobody heard of them :p
LOL. But I remember a few years ago there were some guys like this that were a gang in Chicago and they were rapping about shit they did. Then there were actual shooting retaliations, people went to jail, etc. Fucking crazy.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
A "band" @Fade is stacks of cash held together by rubber bands a la "Bands A Make Her Dance" by Juicy J, "Rubber Band Banks" by Young Dro, etc. while a lick is like a target and a Draco is another word for a chopper that ain't slang for motorcycle. These dudes are the evolution of street as in criminal but trying to clean dirty money by entering the music business, but victims of refusing to distance their selves from the street ethos while being unconscious ('cause, drugs) of how the business sells criminality back to actual criminals and non criminals. They are major factors in scam rap.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
That @Fade audio dry snitching is why lyrics are now seen as evidence in court cases.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Shit @Fade is real per Rap on Trial and Rap Lyrics As Evidence and End Rap On Trial and Andrea L. Dennis, Poetic (In)justice and although street rap in the contempo sense is dry snitching on wax the chilling effect of this is the fact that it speaks to the idea that imagination is a literal crime for Black males. As a Black woman, while I hate mass incarceration for its effects on the Black family, I don't feel sorry for Brothas dumb enough to draw attention to their past and present selves with the aural equivalent of "I did it and here's how in 16 or more bars."

Last edited: