basic midi controller

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
anyone else stop using maschine's program and just use it as a midi controller? I feel like i threw away the 600$ i spent on maschine because i get far better results with other DAWs than Maschines little groove sequencer and my axiom 61 already had pads / sliders / knobs like i use it for now :|
guess its still dope to say "i got maschine" lol.
If i could figure out a efficient way to take midi loops i made in maschine and transfer them over to other DAW's i'd still use it, but the "drag and drop" never worked for me ..

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
mine's back in the box if that tells you anything...not saying it isn't dope but it's throwing my workflow off so I'm back on my mpd.

LP*

ILLIEN
I was gonna buy maschine but iv decided on just getting an mpd, I feel like I could do what i want with the mpd for a third of the price. I already use fl so I dont need maschines groove sequencer. After seeing that dac has his back in the box and is back to his mpd I think im making the right choice lol

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I keep thinking about getting maschine, but thats quite a bit of change if you dont plan to use the software.

NI should also sell the controllers separately.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I think if you were already using a specific software for years like FL Studio, Reason, Ableton, etc... as your main tool to make beats then getting maschine is pointless. If you dont have anything and want to get into making beats, or going away from hardware to software then maschine will be more useful.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
lol, Maschine is a very sensitive topic, it's moving up there with Mixing and Mastering but I gotta say this...Maschine is dope, it's just not quite there for my "goto" piece yet! Even my MPD can't touch my MV as far as my workflow but the mpd is just so solid. Im not going to get rid of Maschine, I luv it enough to hold on to it and I highly suggest it. I've got to get my fingers on the Renaissance before I make any drastic decisions. So many people claim that Maschine is soooo awesome but it really boils down to 'what works the best for you personally' (imo), if it's Maschine, MPD, MV, Beat Thang or whatever, then that's all that matters.

Another thing is...we all have different strong points, I'm into Samplers, DJ'ing/Scratching, and VST's whereas others are strong at Mixing/Mastering, Studio gear/hardware, or whatever...I'm a noob at working on Computer shit, I'll be the first to admit it. I run to dp! I can do the basics but as far as fixing things internally...I leave for the pros. We all got our on personal steez's (even though everybody doesn't admit it) so it's only right from some to luv Maschine and others...well, like it at best. Just my thoughts.

members online