Battles

I was kind of thinking the other day. A lot of the battles here come down to boom bap vs trap. i know we vote on which beat we think is better. But from a listening analysis stand point how is this helping us as producers? Most ears hear what they want to hear. Where are the ears that hear what they are SUPPOSED to hear. In no way am I hating on any producers here, or on any of the wins they have accumulated. But i do have questions on why some beats passed and some didn't. Mine included. Im coming from a technical point of view. Mixing Mastering. Tone. Expression. Etc.

SO instead of having a battle in which you can use any style, maybe we can implement battles in where we only use trap. then the next boom bap. then the next we only use samples. etc. That way when i hear the music i can clearly understand and see what I can improve on instead of just saying to myself this beat was more popular. Im trying to get better and have a neutral ear. If all the beats were boom bap i could easily determine which was better from a production stand point in that genre. If we have multiple styles then it comes down to what style i like most.

Just a thought.... Thanks for reading

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@ConspiracyMuzik I hear what you're saying. I try to be as unbiased as I can, but of course I have my favorite style too. But I try to keep it fair.

The main thing you're talking about is the "no theme", I guess? It's always tough on those ones, but from what I've seen, most of the time the best ones make it through. Even for myself there were times when I didn't understand how some won over others.

We can stick to themes, but it depends. For example, the next Beat This is flute. So you can have flute in a trap beat as well as boom bap. So unless the theme is strictly something like "trap" or "boom bap" then it's still up in the air.

@Fade would the theme have to be boom bap or trap, or the genre? you could still have a "piano" theme beat battle but the genre could be set as well. I only say this because i want to get better. Its hard to see where i could have improved if the genre isn't specified. So we have a flute theme for the next beat this. but it could be set also for boom bap. meaning everyone would have to make a boom bap style beat themed for piano. It would force trap beat makers like myself, and some others, to step outside the box and make something different. and vice versa. It would also force everyone competing to get better.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah that's a good idea. I mean, I don't want to narrow everything down to just boom bap and trap, for example. But I guess those are the two main styles. However, I would still have no theme battles as well, since not everyone is into themes.

The flute one is set, but for the next one, what do you suggest? Boom bap + piano? Something like that?

Yeah thats the idea. So now everyone is doing boom bap and everyone is judging based on the quality of boom bap not popularity. That way serious producers like myself and other can improve Specifically on certain styles. The next could be Trap + xylophones.... something interesting lol

members online