Bay Area hip-hop addict

S

scott415

whats up folks, pretty happy to have run across this site — I've already read some pretty solid advice so far in one of the threads specifically about production. To introduce myself, I've been running my little home studio for just over five years now. I'm also working with The Enhancer at his studio — check out www.bayviewproductions.com to peep his studio. The site is still in progress but you should get a feel for it. Be sure to check out some of the artists that recorded there (Master P, RBL Posse, Rappin 4-Tay, Dre Dog, Mac Dre, Andre Nickatina, The Luniz, etc etc...) At my home studio, I run a Pro Tools rig, the Digi 002 with the mixer, on a Mac. My partners and I have installed a little home vocal booth that's a work in progress, but we're committed to getting the job done at our project studio too making beats and such. I have a little production team that's comprised of a drummer, two guitarists and myself.

When it comes to making beats, lately I've been using Reason and accessing some very dope sample liibraries I've been lucky to come across for some great sounding drums and other nice patches for instruments and such. Over the years at my project studio, we've made a fair amount of vocal and instrumental recordings. I myself never envisioned a career in music until after I graduated college but have since learned that collaboration is central if one wants to succeed in music. I feel priveleged to have been taught by other musicians, engineers and producers and am more than happy to share what I've learned. It looks like from what I've already read that I've got a lot to learn from you all too.

I'm definitely down to work on projects with people too. It's not too hard in this day and age to work on projects with people across the country. Alright then, I think that's enough for now — be cool.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Welcome to the site....Looks like u are already doing big things.....I spent the first two years of my life in Pittsburgh, Cali and go back to visit family ocassionally so next time i head up ther i might have to check out ur spot.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome to IllMuzik. Good to see you've got stuff going on! With a Pro Tools setup, I'm sure you can help out quite a few people on here with their questions regarding that system.

S

scott415

Fade said:
Welcome to IllMuzik. Good to see you've got stuff going on! With a Pro Tools setup, I'm sure you can help out quite a few people on here with their questions regarding that system.

heheh... yeah, that should be no problem. pretty funny cuz it literally took me a couple solid years before I got my studio running with little to no hitches. I remember back in the good ol' mac os 9 days with OMS and FreeMIDI and all of that stuff. OS X is a wonder in that respect... but yeah, I'm definitely willing to help some folks out with questions on Pro Tools. I actually began a few years back with ProTools but switched to Digital Performer and ran that for a few years.. then after a little bit of hating on Digidesign, I figured, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em", and I went back to ProTools. I must admit that with the latest version 6.7 or whatever, it's real, real nice... and I'm diggin' it.. but like I said, I'm on the Reason tip right now... why buy patch bays and tons of equipment when Reason can get a lot of stuff done all-in-one... alright, 'nuf babbling! but I'm glad to be aboard here @ illmuzik.

one more thing I should mention is that I've had the privelege of working on some ProTools TDM systems lately running on a Control/24 surface... very smooth, very, very nice.. If I'm able to start making some real money with this trade, I'd love to get a TDM system of my own 1 day... alright, I'm out!

S

scott415

thanx

J Rilla said:
Welcome to the site....Looks like u are already doing big things.....I spent the first two years of my life in Pittsburgh, Cali and go back to visit family ocassionally so next time i head up ther i might have to check out ur spot.

no doubt... I'd say humble things for now but hopefully big things soon! heheh. yeah hit me up. plus I'm always down to check out beats and share beats and stuff too.. make a little north/south cali connect yaknowhatI'msayin?!