Beat This! - August 26-27, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from August 26-27th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on August 26th at 12pm ET (New York), and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for 1 day, on August 27th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Beat This! ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=bthis

*Note: check out https://time.is/ to find out the correct time difference for your timezone.

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: PIANO
Time Limit: 2 minutes
Vocal Track Allowed?: YES
  • Your beat MUST have PIANO in it!
  • It doesn't have to be all through the beat, but at least a decent amount of PIANO in your beat.
  • Types of piano: acoustic and digital, but NOT ORGAN!
===========
*NOTE: From now on there's a criteria called "vocal track allowed?". It will be yes or no. If it's "yes", this means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example). You can still have occasional vocal snippets (but don't rely on them too much).
===========

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2020082627.jpg

Thinking of submitting some old shit by remaking it with better sounds, plugins and mixing skills.

The only problem is, realising i still have the same mix problems and might just end up submitting the original shit hahaha fkin ell :woot: :help:
you using ozone? I swaer bro, put the trap presets in that, than adjust levels. Works like a king. I also use fab filter after to cut our bleeding sound. My biggest issue is always my 808 , its either too loud or too soft. I just cannot get that right. Usually with my own style my snares are what slap hard. Love loud snares.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
you using ozone? I swaer bro, put the trap presets in that, than adjust levels. Works like a king. I also use fab filter after to cut our bleeding sound. My biggest issue is always my 808 , its either too loud or too soft. I just cannot get that right. Usually with my own style my snares are what slap hard. Love loud snares.

Haha i knowww those feels bro.

Nahh i don't have ozone i only role legit software now so haven't bought that and keep failing to grab the free elements version when they pop up.

Really trying to learn mixing and masteringbut still compression makes zero sense. I've read everything on it for 15 years and still don't understand it.

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
Battle Points: 135
I love it! Just no Jazz piano solo this time. Maybe put something dope in a 90 hip hop swing type beat

Haha i knowww those feels bro.

Nahh i don't have ozone i only role legit software now so haven't bought that and keep failing to grab the free elements version when they pop up.

Really trying to learn mixing and masteringbut still compression makes zero sense. I've read everything on it for 15 years and still don't understand it.
You not alone with that lmao all the frequency shit dnt make sense for shit hahahaha. Thats why i use mixing templates and just modify a few things. Most important for me is the inital mixing on Fruity loops

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online