Beat This! - July 6-7, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from July 6-7th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on July 6th at around 8am ET, and end around 8pm ET. Voting will be for 1 day, on July 7th, where the results will be posted the same day.

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: NONE

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Sponsor

This month, the competition will be sponsored by Greg Savage & DIY Music Biz, where the winner will get 1 on 1 consultation from industry insider Greg Savage on music licensing.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2016070607.png

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The results are in! See what went down https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-this-competition/archives/?d=2016-07-07

Props to all those that entered and to the judges for taking the time to vote.

This one was super close (no theme). I thought @crog85 had a really dope beat too. Nice flip. @Koey nice! @Superior Beats Really dope, very solid mix. @Jordan Solid mix.

I was feeling all the beats but there were a few that seemed a bit off. @A.R. DASUPASTAR What happened? Not sure if that was a mistake or not.

There was another beat but I can't remember right now which one, where it was dope but the drums just seemed too loud overall.

I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts...

S3oulC1ty

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 351
@Mike Free Music lol idk about donuts, that's on a whole different vibe, your track is insane though, yall amaze me on how yall can control synthesizers like that

@crog85 lol I figured it would, the sample itself had a very unorthodox bassline when I chopped and reorganized it, so I jus removed the low end and started from scratch with the bass, you have a incredible gift for crate digging, that sample is definitely a diamond in the rough

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
@NONONSENSEBEATS Appreciate it homie!

Some of the beats that stood out to me in no particular order...

@crog85 - Nothing to really point out. Solid work man.
@eraofoperation - I feel like beat has so much potential. It def caught my ear. For some reason I can see Kanye on this with some next level shit. I was just expecting you to take it in a whole different direction when it breaks down. I would have reworked the drum sounds slightly too. I was really feeling this though. Something about that main melodic sound caught my ear. It's sounds very unique/different.
@Jordan - My god that sample is fucking...goddam lol. The tonality of the bass sounds a little off to my ears. This is heat though. Can't get over how dope that sample is lol.
@S3oulC1ty - Sample is fire man. Your drum work is on point. Whoa...digging the change up. Good shit and congrats!
@Superior Beats - Straight fire dude. Big, big tune. I would have had this as my winner if I had to choose. Good shit.

Dope competition all around. I feel bad for whoever had to judge and pick 1 beat out of all these entries as the winner without doing some sort of round/tournament style comparison lol.

Looking forward to the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online