Beat This! - May 20-21, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

2GooD Productions

Its a fucking conspiracy!
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 436
@ArvinArmani Maybe I am being overly sensitive, I would be first to admit it. But Ive been here for many years on and off, and maybe Im just loving the way its been like the old days. I just want it to continue, Im not thinking of my sensitive feelings, I dont have them, Im thinking about keeping this place alive and thriving.

ProducerSpot

Iron Keys

Beatmaker
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 6
@Beatmaker88 How can you say there's favoritism? All the battles are anonymous!
I'm assuming a lot of us have habits, whether that's musical, sonic, etc that can give us away... and regulars have probably got a good recognition of eachother's sounds and habits.

I've only been back what, a week? And starting to recognise certain peoples vibes.

Not saying there necessarily *is*, but I've seen dudes sayinf "i knew that was your beat" etc.

People should just try see it as a bit of fun. Unless Fade start handing out IllGrammys... :woot:

Fade

The Beat Mercenary
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 1
Sure, there's probably some beats the regulars can figure out whose it is, but I don't see how that's even an issue anyway. It's still a guessing game when voting. I just don't understand why every battle there's people that get pissed off with their placing. Especially when we have something like Beat This and there's over 25 contestants! It's hard to win that.

I just don't want to get to the point where anyone is asking for attendance trophies to be handed out.

2GooD Productions

Its a fucking conspiracy!
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 436
Sure, there's probably some beats the regulars can figure out whose it is, but I don't see how that's even an issue anyway. It's still a guessing game when voting. I just don't understand why every battle there's people that get pissed off with their placing. Especially when we have something like Beat This and there's over 25 contestants! It's hard to win that.

I just don't want to get to the point where anyone is asking for attendance trophies to be handed out.
its only for points for fucks sake, sometimes you would think the winner got a record deal by how seriously people take it.

Lightbackdrew

Battle Points: 3
Hey - I'm pretty new to the site and definitely still learning. I wouldn't mind getting some feedback on the beat I submitted. Looking to learn from the crew and get better.... thanks

Battle Points: 43
@ArvinArmani I think what people are trying to say is this... Dont act like this is a video game and trash on a dude cause ya head shot em with a "You suck at life go off yourself" Be a little more constructive than an ass about it. Im not soft, say whatever the fuck ya want to me and I will be back tomorrow with more trash ass music until it isn't, but when people put time in, I can see people taking it 'Personally" and that makes it an issue. I think this is self explanatory and now you can trash on this simple explination.

@Memento Beats , yeah, your beat was fire, like always bro.. I assumed was the winner, or @DEEZ BEATZ beat, man that shit was good.. but I am with some of the others on the loudness of it. And I 100% agree, fuck being able to rap to it, I will make a rap beat for a rapper when there's a rapper to rap to it, until then its a BEAT, not a rap. Its about my skill making it (or lack thereof) not some imaginary rapper.

And as 2good said, you got a punchers chance here depending on who's voting and what style they like... I will be bringing trap because I gotta get better at it and I have sucked at everything else so far! :cool:

And I want a fucking participation trophy @Fade! shit just put a happy face next to my beat or a handicapped sign, either will work ;)

Memento Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 362
And I 100% agree, fuck being able to rap to it, I will make a rap beat for a rapper when there's a rapper to rap to it, until then its a BEAT, not a rap. Its about my skill making it (or lack thereof) not some imaginary rapper.
That's the spirit! My man! :D

Iron Keys

Beatmaker
*** ill o.g. ***
I just don't understand why every battle there's people that get pissed off with their placing.
'cause it's emotional, man. That's peoples' art. That's a bit of themselves they're putting out there.
It can be tough enough not being able to hear your own shit objectively, so being unable to contextualise whether it good or not.

Especially when you start comparing it or whatever. People probably feel that shit outside of battles too.

Either way, I ain't down with outright calling others' work shit or trash unless they've personally wronged you or something. Or unless they're so famous your words don't reach 'em ha.

Iron Keys

Beatmaker
*** ill o.g. ***
Hey - I'm pretty new to the site and definitely still learning. I wouldn't mind getting some feedback on the beat I submitted. Looking to learn from the crew and get better.... thanks
@Lightbackdrew

Your beat is tasty, man! Firstly it struck me 'cause sounded like some shit I made before, actually made me think "wait?" the drum/bass/perc.

Only reason it didn't catch my vote, the synth stab(forgot proper term?), I just weren't feeling - 0 wrong with it, just a personal thing, I think I'm tired of hearing that sound, reminds me of certain beats, EDM, and some other stuff I'm tryina forget about.

Conclusion, beat is dope. Keep doing ya thing

Lightbackdrew

Battle Points: 3
@Lightbackdrew

Your beat is tasty, man! Firstly it struck me 'cause sounded like some shit I made before, actually made me think "wait?" the drum/bass/perc.

Only reason it didn't catch my vote, the synth stab(forgot proper term?), I just weren't feeling - 0 wrong with it, just a personal thing, I think I'm tired of hearing that sound, reminds me of certain beats, EDM, and some other stuff I'm tryina forget about.

Conclusion, beat is dope. Keep doing ya thing
Cool - thanks @Iron Keys !

Last edited:

ArvinArmani

Producer Elite... Nuff said
Battle Points: 158
YO I FIGURED IT OUT! WE'RE 30 YEAR OLD KARENS!

As soon as our child doesn't win the battle, no matter how bad he was, we want to talk to the manager and everyone and get dramatic about it. just imagine what memento said in a Karen voice "You guys, need to Clean. your Ears. you hear me?" :D

ThE_SiRe_BeAtS

If you got patience....you got everything....
Battle Points: 174
Haha yooo @THEmfRIDDLAH DOPE AS HELLLL!!! i defff like the mfcking background music and the swagg talking brooo :fire: :cocaine: love this!!! You should do this more! Together with @Memento Beats and his diving into the technical aspect of beats this sjit works for beatmakers to step their game and confidence up!! Soo good.... so good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

illmuzik on youtube

ill resources

ProducerSpot