Beat This - November 11-12, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from November 11-12th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on November 11th at around 8am ET, and end around 8pm ET. Voting will be for 1 day, on November 12th, where the results will be posted the same day.

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: NONE

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the voters will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Sponsor

This month, the competition will be sponsored by Greg Savage & DIY Music Biz, where the winner will get 1 on 1 consultation from industry insider Greg Savage on music licensing.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2015111112.jpg

yungbeats

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 183
1.Alee - "The First Kingdom"
2.Drinji - "Dresden"
3.Oninkaf - "Move Me"
4.Crog85 - "Please"
5.HuggyHG - "Misguided"

these are my votes i feel like any one of these 5 could have won honesty

i actually didn't even have @alee in my top 5 after my 1st listen i had this beat #6 just out my top 5 but after the 3rd listen and my final cut listen(#4) i felt like that beat was best it had a great mix it had good feeling and sound selection i felt like i was in the middle east arrangment everything was good!

@drinji was my #1 pick in till the final cut it had an amazing vibe it felt chill but at the same time aggressive dope hip-hop head banger a few change up and felt this beat would have won

@oninkaf the emotion on this beat was crazy i love the sample as well as the composition love the chord progression but the drums did it for me seems kinda generic harder hitting drums and this was it!

@crog85 my brother my brother THE TRAP BEAT here we go on the subject! love the beat everything about it its just that the mixed to me is a lil bit muddy idk how others voted it may win! because the beat is fire if i was just going off the beat this probably get my #1 but i go off the total package and the mix did it for me

@huggyHG this beat was dope! everything was hot! but it had too many change ups! i felt like i was on a rollercoaster ride! but you did display the best arrangement of all the contestants but one thing i listen to is can an artist man a song to this i feel like this is more of just great instrumentation not sure if a artist can make a hot record to this but the arrangement alone got you in my top 5

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
Really?!?! Im in both of your top 5... I didn't think my beat was that good.

@yungbeats Thanks for the feedback... My mixing can use some work for sure, but I'm getting slightly better at it. I don't normally make beats in the style either, but everything sounds good thru my monitors. I think part of my problem is I need to do some kinda sound treatment to the room.

I thought this would be an easy one to judge... @Tobi Becker You have the best beat by far in my opinion. I also really like the vibe @drinji has going....

Best of luck to all that entered.

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
S3oulC1ty - "2WO" - That fast voice sample is super ill, unlike many other ones I've heard. 3rd bar in the hook sample clashes with the bassline though (maybe bass in the sample)...Shuffle on those hats go really good in your beat with that SNARE!

Joeburnem - "My Mayne" - Sample chops are so sick that way! That "oooh" shit in the background is kinda loud though. Using a beat machine?

Wazeer Shah - "MPC 60" - Very nice balance with the filters and EQ. Solid track. You don't need to quantize that much/at all though (takes longer to make without it but it sounds better when your done)!

HuggyHG - "Misguided" - Good mix with all of the VST's. Is this a FL beat?! The changeups are my favorite. Seriously time for some new VST's and you'll sound like a pro.

Drinji - "Dresden" - Is that a sample of some Asian chick banging on a round metal instrument?

drinji

Drinji Ikari aka SAWTOOTH
Battle Points: 18
its actually me playing a thumb piano, in a music shop in dresden
i also had to shorten this beat quite a bit to make it under 2mins, which was weird.

Im glad some peeps were into mine, i'm super new to the site, and cant wait to do more of these.
Also, the S3oulC1ty beat, is suuuper sick.

Last edited:

Frankie Perez

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
All of the music was made very well, but the best out of 5 in order from 1st place to 5th place in my opinion are:
1.Tobi Beker "Hemes"
2. S3oulC1ty - "2WO"
3. Alee First Kingdom
4.Joeburnem - "My Mayne"
5.MANFREDT - "Geenekak"
everybody got it in and made some tight beats though.

Tobi Becker

Battle Points: 1
Really?!?! Im in both of your top 5... I didn't think my beat was that good.

@yungbeats Thanks for the feedback... My mixing can use some work for sure, but I'm getting slightly better at it. I don't normally make beats in the style either, but everything sounds good thru my monitors. I think part of my problem is I need to do some kinda sound treatment to the room.

I thought this would be an easy one to judge... @Tobi Becker You have the best beat by far in my opinion. I also really like the vibe @drinji has going....

Best of luck to all that entered.
thanks!

Tobi Becker

My top 5:

1. Crog85 - ,,Please''
2. Drinji - ,,Dresden''
3. Alee - ,,The First Kingdom''
4. Oninkaf - ,,Move Me''
5. Joeburnem - ,,My Mayne''

MANFREDT

All of the music was made very well, but the best out of 5 in order from 1st place to 5th place in my opinion are:
1.Tobi Beker "Hemes"
2. S3oulC1ty - "2WO"
3. Alee First Kingdom
4.Joeburnem - "My Mayne"
5.MANFREDT - "Geenekak"
everybody got it in and made some tight beats though.

yaay! first try and unprepaired i got in a top 5! i'm a happy man now :p

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The results are in! See what went down.

*Note: all the names not in the top 5 are in random order. The way I have the code setup, I can't sort by both name and points.

This one was really really tough. Lots of dope beats in this one. There were actually about 3 or 4 people tied for the 6th spot!

Last edited:

huggyHG

Huggy from da 5280
Battle Points: 161
S3oulC1ty - "2WO" - That fast voice sample is super ill, unlike many other ones I've heard. 3rd bar in the hook sample clashes with the bassline though (maybe bass in the sample)...Shuffle on those hats go really good in your beat with that SNARE!

Joeburnem - "My Mayne" - Sample chops are so sick that way! That "oooh" shit in the background is kinda loud though. Using a beat machine?

Wazeer Shah - "MPC 60" - Very nice balance with the filters and EQ. Solid track. You don't need to quantize that much/at all though (takes longer to make without it but it sounds better when your done)!

HuggyHG - "Misguided" - Good mix with all of the VST's. Is this a FL beat?! The changeups are my favorite. Seriously time for some new VST's and you'll sound like a pro.

Drinji - "Dresden" - Is that a sample of some Asian chick banging on a round metal instrument?
TBH I'm still in Garageband I haven't switched over because I'm a little overwhelmed with all the extra buttons. I like simple straight to the point. I want to create exactly what I hear in my head and it works best for me but I will keep that in mind thanks for the feedback.

Also congrats to @alee that shit was hella on neph.

Status
Not open for further replies.