Beat This! - October 25-26, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from October 25-26th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on October 25th at around 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have 16 contestants (whichever comes first). Voting will be for 1 day, on October 26th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: SKULL SNAPS HALLOWEEN
  • You must use the Skull Snaps break. Download it here.
  • You CANNOT chop the break. You MUST loop it.
  • Your OVERALL beat must be SCARY! - for Halloween.
  • Your beat must be no longer than 3 MINUTES!
You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

From now on, the voting will be by all members! If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned (depending on the mood I'm in).

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favouritism when voting.

Sponsor

This month, the competition will be sponsored by Greg Savage & DIY Music Biz, where the winner will get 1 on 1 consultation from industry insider Greg Savage on music licensing.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2017102526.png

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
No reason for mp4 as mp3 is the standard. Besides, at one point of another there's always an issue with mp4 files when converting.

NakedStar

Rythymologist
Battle Points: 90
Fade I've looped your drum loop throughout my beat. Just added snares, hats etc to it is that allowed?

Kung-Fu Flavor

Im Just a drum machine junkie
Battle Points: 76
Nice challenge. Making it scary took me outside my comfort zone but hell yea im in. Very interested to see what we all create see you at the finish line lol Good Luck everyone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online