Beat This voting changes?

2GooD Productions

Im back
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 683
if the system is the cleanest and most fair system, even a totally perfect system, there'll be people who complain. also when there's an unfair or incomplete system, people will still complain, startin to feel something?

they complain anyways, but that doesn't mean there's no point in improvements. I believe we should enhance the voting system. as someone I forgot (i think it was Iron) said if we have someone in the battle getting no votes or getting a 2nd place vote is greatly different, so top 5 would be an awesome idea.

Also for getting more votes, we SHOULD NOT make voting mandatory, but should give it a worth. like if u vote, u get a really little bonus (like 1 extra vote) on battles or a thing like reaction point.
every idea needs to be implemented, which means it needs to be programmed into reality, while what might sound like a fantastic idea on paper might prove impossible to put into practice because of programming constraints.
You have to consider the work that will be involved in making it a reality and is it even worth it in the long run. Why waste time on a pointless exercise?

Dark East Hip Hop Bundle

Armani

Im front
Battle Points: 271
every idea needs to be implemented, which means it needs to be programmed into reality, while what might sound like a fantastic idea on paper might prove impossible to put into practice because of programming constraints.
You have to consider the work that will be involved in making it a reality and is it even worth it in the long run. Why waste time on a pointless exercise?
that's why I said poll. if the majority isn't happy with it then a change should be worth it, right?

Iron Keys

Leave your EDM in the bin on your way in
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 23
I ain't no coding expert. Or novice. or.. erm... anything.

But people getting a top5 (or 3) vote is just maths surely. Shit, ain't that like 'coding' a spreadsheet essentially?? Microsoft excel haha

Armani

Im front
you can poll as many people as you like, there is only one man that has to make it happen and thats fade. The worth depends on how much work it takes to make it happen.
if he made this thread then it can be worth it.

Matt-D

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 74
If nothing else I still say voting should be required to keep it balanced. I doubt most producers actually vote during the competition due to wanting to win, I think this would keep it on a level playing field and make things more trustworthy if everyone knows all producers have to vote for someone else instead of relying on all producers to actually vote. Producers would be more assured that there would be less of a chance of producers being dishonest and taking turns voting for each other when all different and newer producers are included in the vote, and less of a chance that the producers that seem to be close are supporting each other. It would give it more credibility and give anyone a better chance and with everyone voting we can then rely on the rest of the votes to come from people not in the battle. Not to mention the numbers would be guarenteed to be a higher vote turnout with all competitors voting instead of having just a few votes if no one else votes besides the few competitors that actually vote.

2GooD Productions

Im back
*** ill o.g. ***
I ain't no coding expert. Or novice. or.. erm... anything.

But people getting a top5 (or 3) vote is just maths surely. Shit, ain't that like 'coding' a spreadsheet essentially?? Microsoft excel haha
that wouldnt be too difficult to achieve, but some other ideas might not be so easy.
But will making things more complicated change the end result? Thats the question.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
*** illest o.g. ***
Battle Points: 1
What you all have to understand though is it's tough already to get people to vote. Forcing or even just recommending they vote for 5 people would be very difficult. This is why the 1-click vote is really good right now because with most people their attention spans are gone. I wonder how many have actually read up to this point.

And here.

Here too.

Maybe for you guys you have no problem picking 5 but think about members who are new or some that don't post often. Most likely they won't want to take the time to pick 5.

Armani

Im front
What you all have to understand though is it's tough already to get people to vote. Forcing or even just recommending they vote for 5 people would be very difficult. This is why the 1-click vote is really good right now because with most people their attention spans are gone. I wonder how many have actually read up to this point.

And here.

Here too.

Maybe for you guys you have no problem picking 5 but think about members who are new or some that don't post often. Most likely they won't want to take the time to pick 5.
You kinda got a point because if we make the "u get point of u vote" people might do fake votes. like clicking fast to get rid of the shit. but still, we can do top 3. that wouldn't be such a hard thing to do. especially when we have Warzone where you have to do 20 votes.

2GooD Productions

Im back
*** ill o.g. ***
I can only speak for me, but I didnt used to do well in the battles, but I figured out what was required in a battle beat, then I started to win battles, not many at first but now I win a few, I can honestly say that I have never even once conspired or heard anything about people voting for each other in turn, or anybody trying to sway a vote, not even once. In all the years I have been here I have never been asked to take part in anything like that, nor have I asked anybody else to. I figured out the formula, and I practiced it hard. Now I dont do so badly. I can only speak for me, but Ive been pretty successful here in the long term.

2GooD Productions

Im back
*** ill o.g. ***

And here.

Here too.

or some of us that work all the hours god sends, Id like to spend my free time making music, I dont get much of it

Iron Keys

*** ill o.g. ***
that wouldnt be too difficult to achieve, but some other ideas might not be so easy.
But will making things more complicated change the end result? Thats the question.
Well i also suggested this... I said, maybe having multiple votes will reinforce the top beats/users entries. BUT... is that bad? If those people were going to place top anyway, they still gonna be up there. So that's to an extent... fair.

The DIFFERENCE tho... is how it may affect other entries, like I said, there may be people who aren't placing or winning because they're majority 2nd choice. like I'm often astounded (lolword) at certain beats that don't place.

So say for example, I dunno, letssay Arvin was never winning or placing in Beat This because he was always everyones second choice... a multiple vote system wont stop you (2Good) from placing high or winning, but it may boost Arvin (for exmaple) into a more honest finish. Ultimately just making the results more "accurate".

Let's say, as is.(example) Arvin is everyone's 2nd choice entry... he finishes last. bottom. But someone with 2 votes end up placing when no one else liked the track. seems a bit odd. where as multiple vote system would better reflect his true ranking. Whereas in multiple if you get3rds and 1sts you'll still rank high/win whatever.

Due to the low number of votes vs entries, a 1 vote system may not be so ideal - as opposed to if 1000 people were voting.

Iron Keys

*** ill o.g. ***
For me it's about trying to acheive more accurate results.

2GooD Productions

Im back
*** ill o.g. ***
Well i also suggested this... I said, maybe having multiple votes will reinforce the top beats/users entries. BUT... is that bad? If those people were going to place top anyway, they still gonna be up there. So that's to an extent... fair.

The DIFFERENCE tho... is how it may affect other entries, like I said, there may be people who aren't placing or winning because they're majority 2nd choice. like I'm often astounded (lolword) at certain beats that don't place.

So say for example, I dunno, letssay Arvin was never winning or placing in Beat This because he was always everyones second choice... a multiple vote system wont stop you (2Good) from placing high or winning, but it may boost Arvin (for exmaple) into a more honest finish. Ultimately just making the results more "accurate".

Let's say, as is.(example) Arvin is everyone's 2nd choice entry... he finishes last. bottom. But someone with 2 votes end up placing when no one else liked the track. seems a bit odd. where as multiple vote system would better reflect his true ranking. Whereas in multiple if you get3rds and 1sts you'll still rank high/win whatever.
I dont know whats more accurate than one person one vote as long as enough people vote to determine the top 5.
Thats my personal opinion. If that became an issue then maybe a placement voting system would help solve that problem

Iron Keys

*** ill o.g. ***
I dont know whats more accurate than one person one vote as long as enough people vote to determine the top 5.
Thats my personal opinion. If that became an issue then maybe a placement voting system would help solve that problem

But that's the point. 27 beats, not enough votes. If there were 1000 votes, it would support better a 1 vote system.
but 20+ beats and small number of votes is nowhere near ideal for a 1 vote sytem.

2GooD Productions

Im back
*** ill o.g. ***
But that's the point. 27 beats, not enough votes. If there were 1000 votes, it would support better a 1 vote system.
but 20+ beats and less than 100 votes is nowhere near ideal for a 1 vote sytem.
less than 100 votes lmfao
how many people do you think vote in these battles?

as long as there are enough votes to determine the top 5 whats the problem?
anything more than that is consolation votes, and are pretty meaningless. You either place in the top 5 or you dont.
Isnt it better for egos knowing you didnt place in the top 5 rather than knowing you came last.

With all the arguments because people didnt place I wouldnt dare to imagine how butthurt somebody would be if they came last

Iron Keys

*** ill o.g. ***
Because it's about %

take like beat fights. you may have like 20 people voting against 2 beats.

When you increase the number of entries but the ratio of entry:votes is low, then it's a bit inaccurate.

I personally think Beat This is the best comp on here, I know it often limits you to a theme or whatever. But it's massive number of entries all vs eachother.

I feel it deserves a voting system to do it and the entries justice.

Iron Keys

*** ill o.g. ***
I dunno what you're talking about 'came last', I never advocated this, and the voting system im suggesting also doesn't include this.

in fact i explicitly stated multiple times I don't feel it a necessary or beneficial inclusion to have a "last/bottom/worst"

2GooD Productions

Im back
*** ill o.g. ***
Because it's about %

take like beat fights. you may have like 20 people voting against 2 beats.

When you increase the number of entries but the ratio of entry:votes is low, then it's a bit inaccurate.

I personally think Beat This is the best comp on here, I know it often limits you to a theme or whatever. But it's massive number of entries all vs eachother.

I feel it deserves a voting system to do it and the entries justice.
I see what you are saying, its up to fade if he thinks its necessary.
I couldnt see any reason for more than 100 votes than to decide a full outcome from top to bottom.

Every vote is only as "accurate" as the subjectivity of the people that vote in any particular battle, and that changes from battle to battle.

Members online

illmuzik on youtube

ProducerSpot
Dark East Hip Hop Bundle