Beat This voting changes?

Iron Keys

Leave your EDM in the bin on your way in
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 23
To an extent, but accurate still is about numbers. Hence why in studies they don't just go 'oh this is true for 5 people therefore its true for all'.

Say you had beat this and only 5 people voted... 2 people voted the worst beat, the other 3 voted on honest best beats. worst beat wins.

that's an exaggerated example. But the same is true in less extremes. There's no need to worry as it shouldn't affect the popular choices anyway. It just should be a better reflection overall and maybe help other worthy beats place.

Like i see pureee dope beats not place or win to lesser (no offence) at times. I'm not about to get a team of producers to come agree with me don't worry xD hahaha. But i feel sometimes this happens due to the ratio of votes.

ProducerSpot Black Friday

Iron Keys

*** ill o.g. ***
I think like Arvin said... "sometimes i don't vote for a beat because i assume it will get votes anyway", sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt. But with a small number of voters this has a massive impact. With multiple votes it should address that.

Matt-D

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 74
I missed a lot don't know what ya'll mentioned so far, I just think if we do decide to keep things the same or whatever that at least requiring everyone to vote would make it easier to place a vote (at least for me) because you know everyone else (not just you) is voting for their favorite beat that's NOT theirs (and not just supporting their own beat by not voting period, hating, or whatever). To me it seems as though it makes it a level playing field, at least a little more, and would make it easier to cast a vote knowing everyone has to do it and not just skipping out on voting hoping for the win. I guess I'm just not into contestants being voters as well, to me it seems like it is less accurate. I just think it would be accepted better if we have a neutral judge ranking contestants, and to me that would help ease the tensions of the outcomes from the battles, like maybe if @Fade judged the whole thing. But I understand that would be more work for him so I definetely understand not going that way. Not sure how many outsiders actually vote but if we had enough maybe leave it strictly up to them. Everything to me is good I just think it will be received better and be more accurate in the long run with a neutral judge ranking it. I don't like the subject because I hate trying to tamper with someone else's system they put work into creating. So thanks again for giving this topic attention.

2GooD Productions

Im back
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 683
I mean requiring voting for one beat. Doesn’t necessarily have to be more just requiring they vote
i think @ArvinArmani mentioned getting a +1 if you vote. I think that isnt a bad idea. So you arent forced to, but if you do you dont lose out by voting against yourself. It could be abused, but its an idea.

Last edited:

2GooD Productions

Im back
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 683
how if anon?
i dunno, magical chants that reveal who made what? Its a mystery to me. Who knows what these insidious conspiracists get up to in their spare time? Its the work of the devil I say.

Maybe there is a "dark illmuzik" on the dark web where they hatch their fiendish schemes of illmuzik battle domination.
"Today illmuzik, tomorrow the world!!"

Or its the Russians interfering in our elections. Those damned Russians and their hackbots.

Then again, Ive heard China is pushing its weight around a bit, maybe its them.

It could be the hacker known as 4chan?

Who knows, its a mystery for Columbo.

Last edited:

Iron Keys

*** ill o.g. ***
I don't think 1 person judge is necessarily th3 b3st idea either. With all respect to Fade. Everyone has bias and preferences.

Not a single one of us could be a completely objective or unbiased judge.

From listening the onewhere Fade judges he judges well. Don't think I've ever necessarily thought "what? He been drinking? Someone slip him a fiver". But yeah.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
*** illest o.g. ***
Battle Points: 1
I'm actually a CIA operative and they created ILL years ago and I'm in charge of running it. It's a brainwashing project designed to make your brains eat itself so you can become mindless beatmakers that make beats so the young generation can listen to those beats and be controlled.

Iron Keys

*** ill o.g. ***
I'm actually a CIA operative and they created ILL years ago and I'm in charge of running it. It's a brainwashing project designed to make your brains eat itself so you can become mindless beatmakers that make beats so the young generation can listen to those beats and be controlled.
I heard about that in some 2 hour YouTube video by some 12 year old with the X Files music over it.

Project MK illtra

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 201
Truth Hidden in plain sight...lol

Battle Points: 96
I said before and stand by it, a vote for each place. people get 3 or 5 votes (whatever) and the top wins outright, 1st second third. Doesn't make sense for a beat that got one vote to come in 4th place when maybe others would of voted it up to second or there would have been another bet to take that spot honestly by being voted in , but since you only have one vote to cast...

Currently with 25 voters if we had 4 total winners

#1 gets 12 votes
#2 gets 10
#3 gets 5
#4 gets 2

Instead of now they would place with just 3 votes casted like so (example) and it would be even clearer if you could actually pick your choice 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

#2 now gets 25 and into 1st place
#1 now gets 21
#4 now gets 12 and moves to third
#3 doesn't even place with 8 votes
Random stranger who didn't place before now gets 10 and into fourth slot

As an example and now you will know the runner ups were actually voted heavily on instead of winning with only a couple votes, just makes more sense to me, but then again, I have dementia.

illmuzik on youtube

Tricks & Trap
ProducerSpot Black Friday