Best Site(s) That Let You Sell Beats ?

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
So Far I Know About

Givemebeats.com

Rocbattle.com

Mybeatshop.com

As in they automate the credit card and download process, anyone know of more ?

Rocbattle was cool becuase it let u put your track player in your profiles on myspace, as do my beatshop

but rocbattle is falling off, and mybeatshop pays you in a 2 month delay

sooooo

i need something a little bit more reliable.

And do any of you know the CODE that alot of Bloggers are using for that FLASH Mp3 Player...you know the simple play button, that extends with the time of the track, and when u press pause, it shrinks back down

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Best place to sell beats is at open mics... =x

And beat battles.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
In all seriousness...I think you'd do better if you had your own site, promote the hell out of yourself, enter battles, make vids, get listed in all your search engines, setup your tags, and flood the web with samples of your work.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
ok who here is actually making money selling "beats"?

< Raises hand way up high

In all seriousness...I think you'd do better if you had your own site, promote the hell out of yourself, enter battles, make vids, get listed in all your search engines, setup your tags, and flood the web with samples of your work.

That's one of the best ways to do it actually

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I've made quite a few dollars...but nothing consistent and lucrative.......But I've never really promoted myself on the internet.

For example...
I did a project with a local artist named Raheem Malik....and I was paid for all the music pretty well....
I got that gig from participating in a producer showcase (an open mic for beatmakers). I've sold throwaway beats here and there for low prices just to make a few dollars....off of being out and about...

I'm sure I'd do a lot better on the internet....but there's a lot of people out there who jack beats/ideas all the time, which is one of the reasons why I don't like putting myself on the internet too much (I already have had one beat stolen from me via soundclick and used for a dipset record on a mixtape).....

So it's definitely a double edged sword with that... I'd rather go into a studio...play some beats....then walk away with the beats......Jacking is so much easier now......

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Hard to really pin point the best way because there are many ways to get the job done.

Here is whats needed (not in this exact order)

1st you need a clients/a target audience to shop the music to. You can build this list with an auto responder,simple landing page and an offer (something free that you can honor weekly or monthly). Whatever you offer people to join your list make sure you are consistent with it. Heck if you are savvy enough with wordpress you don't even need to spend the money on a auto responding service. Using these services are excellent you can setup a whole years worth of work in 2 days. 100% autopilot from payment handling to track/file delivering

2nd You're going to need a decent archive of beats. To me a decent archive is at least 200.

3rd You'll have to be a trend follower or at least tune into the radio and listen to what's considered to be hot today. I do this every couple of months. Whatever is hot bite it sorry but yes bite it, understand it and make several (more like 3) versions of it. Why? Because most of your clients, if you targeted them right are going to be into a certain producers sound. Prime example, lots of artist like Lex's sound but they don't have Lex Money but.... they do have $20-50 to spend on a batch of tracks (3-4)

4th You are going to need to drive traffic to your site in order to get people to join your list. Now this can be done with adwords (expensive) or if you are smart you know how to capitalize on keywords and get the traffic free. Since we are talking about Lex let me toss out a gem

The keyword phrase “Lex Luger Beats” gets around 4,000 searches a month and the competition is low. Its nothing to toss up a site with those keywords and rank on the 1st page of google for that keyword phrase. There are other keywords you can target to get your site opt fot 10k or more searches a month

Lets stay on Lex for a little more as his tracks are simple to make. What you'd do is study his music and knock off his work. You can make 4 tracks or more a day this way because 99% of the work has already been done for you. Just take the elements and rework them. It's a piece of cake.

Now just pick an affordable price for the beats, who cares what you choose as a price right? This isn't the style of music you like creating anyway... $25.00 for 3 beats (leases). Now there will be some people that email you to talk exclusive rights and even custom material.

This business model right here can realistically generate $2k-3k a month and that's just from what you sale to the people who joined your list. It's a numbers game, if you have 5000 people on your email list and you have them set on a drip 3% are likely to buy from you sometimes more, but I keep it modest with the 3% expectation.

Me personally i hate Kpop music but guess what its easy to make so i make it and it pays well.

NOW you can sit and do whatever type of music you are passionate about without worry of bills.

I'm not a huge fan of working with artist I love getting my music on video games and tv networks. I pull down their jingle or commercial and I redo the music and send it to them.

Film schools – This is cash cow people... seriously there are tons of students out there who will pay you for music! They won't give you $10,000 but they will give you $200.00 multiply that by 15. In my area I'm one of the go to music supplies for indi student film makers I only charge them $100.00 per lease I even have a contract with the film instructors and yes I pay them a ref fee its worth it.

If you wanting to sell music via sites that's cool but its best if you are in control of the email list... The only sites I like using are pumpaudio and taxi.
Get your paper work correct as far as publishing and copyrights and please build a list of clients. You will never go broke if you have a list of people to sell to

I've gotten lots of placements with taxi as well as connections.

Last gem here. Soundclick producers, all I will say is a lot of them are not making their own material.. That is a wholesalers market right there

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
So it's definitely a double edged sword with that... I'd rather go into a studio...play some beats....then walk away with the beats......Jacking is so much easier now......

True. I know this dude who could listen to a beat once, we went back to his crib and he remade the beat from scratch. It wasnt a simple pop beat, it was actually pretty complex. Everything from the breakdown and mix then he threw his lil spin on it. Be careful who you let hear your stuff at all, ideas can be stolen, but your whole production could be jacked.

Hard to really pin point the best way because there are many ways to get the job done.

Here is whats needed (not in this exact order)

1st you need a clients/a target audience to shop the music to. You can build this list with an auto responder,simple landing page and an offer (something free that can honor weekly or monthly). Whatever you offer people to join your list make sure you are consistent with it. Heck if you are savvy enough with wordpress you don't even need to spend the money on a auto responding service. Using these services are excellent you can setup a whole years worth of work in 2 days. 100% autopilot from payment handling to track/file delivering

2nd You're going to need a decent archive of beats. To be a decent archive is at least 200.

3rd You'll have to be a trend follower or at least tune into the radio and listen to what's considered to be hot today. I do this every couple of months. Whatever is hot bite it sorry but yes bite it, understand it and make several (more like 3) versions of it. Why? Because most of your clients, if you targeted them right are going to be into a certain producers sound. Prime example, lots of artist like Lex's sound but they don't have Lex Money but.... they do have $20-50 to spend on a batch of tracks (3-4)

4th You are going to need to drive traffic to your site in order to get people to join your list. Now this can be done with adwords (expensive) of if you are smart you know how to capitalize on keywords and get the traffic free. Since we are talking about Lex let me toss out a gem

The keyword phrase “Lex Luger Beats” gets around 4,000 searches a month and the competition is low. Its nothing to toss up a site with those keywords and rank on the 1st page of google for that keyword phrase. There are other keywords you can target to get your site opt fot 10k or more searches a month

Lets stay on Lex for a little more as his tracks are simple to make. What you'd do is study his music and make a knock off his work you can make 4 tracks or more a day this way 99% of the work has already been done for you just take the elements and rework them piece of cake.

Now just pick an affordable price for the beats who cares what you choose as a price right? This isn't the style of music you like creating so what... $25.00 for 3 beats (leases). Now there will be some people that email you to talk exclusive rights and even custom material.

This business model right here can realistically generate $2k-3k a month and that's just from what you sale to the people who joined your list. It's a numbers game if you have 5000 people on your email list and you have them set on a drip 3% are likely to buy from you sometimes more but I keep it modest with the 3% expectation.

Me personally i hate Kpop music but guess what its easy to make so i make it and it pays well.

NOW you can sit do whatever type of music you are passionate about without worry of bills.

I'm not a huge fan of working with artist I love getting my music on video games and tv networks. I pull down their jingle or commercial and I redo the music and send it to them.

Film schools – This is cash cow people... seriously there are tons of students out there who will pay you for music! They won't give you $10,000 but they will give you $200.00 multiply that by 15. In my area I'm one of the go to music supplies for indi student film makers I only charge them $100.00 per lease I even have a contract with the film instructors and yes I pay them a ref fee its worth it.

If you wanting to sell music via sites that's cool but its best if you are in control of the email list... The only sites I like using are pumpaudio and taxi.
Get your paper work correct as far as publishing and copyrights and please build a list of clients. You will never go broke if you have a list of people to sell to

I've gotten lots of placements with taxi as well as connections.

Last gem here. Soundclick producers all I will say is a lot of them are not making their own material.. That is a wholesalers market right there

Dopeness

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Thanks NNXT, that is some fantastic advice!

What software do you use for the mailing list? And can you talk more about how to build it? Also are you an ASCAP/BNI member? What is your typical price structure? Thanks!

I use WP Double Opt-In Subscription Plugin (it's free)
I'm a member of both ASCAP & BMI
Build it as in the plugin? Already made for you

As far as price ranges i like to stick with $20,$30,$50 (for leases)
I register all my work with the pub companies as artist are not honest with sales and plays
so the music is always tracked