Best trick to get rid of unwanted sounds on sample

T

TheMost

So what is the best trick with NNXt or anything actualy. Im making this beat right now its banging but theres a damn trail of the bass drum disturbing the flow.
I put on a equliser i messed with the low shelf and the hi shelf but still....

T

TheMost

there are a couple of ways, with a tail on a kick you can just mess with the sample end point by turning the sample end point down and also adjust the fade out on the kick sample to stop any abrupt end to the kick.

daaamn dude that sounds real but lol i have no idea wha youre talking about lol i.e end point hahahah

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Well yea 2good's right

enpoint on the advanced mode on the nnxt
or the decay

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
end point is where you tell your sampler that the sample stops. see pic below. these options are available mostly in any sampler but battery is my choice.

themostvb0.jpg

you move the end point where you want your and to be. the decay tells the sampler the volume curve for the sample. on battery you have a visual that helps you with the envelope. you need this so the sample will fade out niceley

later editing:
offtopic. how large is the forum window so as i post images i dont put them to wide like so ^^^^^^.

Voo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Wavs Noise Remover can get rid of a lot of unwanted sound.

But the quick fix is to fade that tail

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Exactly....The main way has been stated ...Whatever your using your going to need to pull that kik drum up in whatever will "chop" your samples up and adjust the end point until there is no more irritating click at the end od the drum..
Ive noticed that alot of the slightly lesser quality kits have that on low boom type kix.
Its just laziness on the part of the original sampler.

T

TheMost

ok sure thats all good but if a kick ii wanna get rid of is right in the middle i cant put the end point right there

Voo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
actually if there is a click in a Kick - that is pretty easy to fix. Luckily Kicks can be edited without losing much.

if you have a wav editing program like Cool Edit or whatever - just load the sample, and zoooooooom in until you can isolate the "click" to the millisecond. Then highlight that part and delete.

since its a kick, it shouldn't make a big difference in the original sample unless its a pretty long click.

T

TheMost

He not talking about one shot sample but a loop.
The kick is in the middle of a sample loop

yeah exacly, the sample i used has a couple of kicks i mean i tried covering it with my own kick and a open hi hat but i can still hear it.

Symphonic

Custom User Title
ill o.g.
adapt your kick sequence to the original kicks on the loop, if you cut the loop right, you will most likely be able to overdrum all the kicks. If that still doesn't work, chop the sample, then overdrumming.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If the sample doesn't have any bass in it drop a high pass filter on it and see if you cant dull the kick out a bit more. Otherwise there's not much you can do about it.

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i was thinkin about eq as well but you can fine cut the snap of the kick from eq with a bandpass with decent amount of Q

members online