Canibus - Rip The Jacker

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
This albums out next week and I was wondering if anyone has heard any of the beats cause they are so good! The whole album is produced by Stoupe from Jedi Mind tricks. It looks like Canibus has got the beats to match his rhymes now.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
no offense k.o. but just cause you didnt know about it it doesnt mean that it wasnt promoted well..............

canibus isnt really made for albums... he was the king of the underground cypher crowd for a minute, but he aint really cut out for songs. especially when he did E! Hollywood stories..... that was GARBAGE, worse than CHINGY, SERIOUSLY. but i did here a cut off this new one on accuradio i think... it did sound nice, had that old underfround feel. i just think that the biggest problem is he really has been deviating from his core fan base and trying to snag that one album that the masses would accept............ i hope this one is solid. he is too talented to be this big a flop!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
hey check out some samples of this on okayplayer.com... its not bad, and the beats are pretty good!!! finally!!! it looks like it could be a modest hit... i still dont think that he really fits the mold for that full album tho...

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
i heard the sample based Jedi Mind Tricks crew produced most of it..and anyhow it's Canibus..he's a sick rhymer.i'm going to have to get that cd definetely

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Originally posted by hardboiled
i heard the sample based Jedi Mind Tricks crew produced most of it..and anyhow it's Canibus..he's a sick rhymer.i'm going to have to get that cd definetely

I've quoted you a few times today...Don't think I'm piking on you...you just had something interesting in this post...nothing I say here is not directed at you...

The problem Cnibus had is he's a sick rhymer but he can't make a song...You put Canibus 50 Jay z nas an who ever else in a battle , Canibus will blow them out the water but as far as making songs is where his flaw is

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
hes an awsome lyricsist no doubt,but he uses all his best material in his "freestyles"(i know his freestyles are written)

light

Producer
ill o.g.
now i heard from a friend that cannibus jacked one of the Rascalz beats.. for those who dont know the Rascalz are a group based out of van city BC canada. same beat, same hook, different rapper.... anyone know bout this?

it goes "She looks like a movie star,like a chocolate kandy bar" or somthing like that...

C

Copenhagen

Originally posted by light
it goes "She looks like a movie star,like a chocolate kandy bar" or somthing like that...

That's Keith Murray...

mike kilo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
already heard it,
if you like jedi mind tricks you gonna love it,
but i don´t like ´em stoupe beats(the reggae influented joint is the best on this album).
canibus flips mad dope lines.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
I listened to the whole album ... I don't think the problem is Cannibus
I think he made an effort to make songs (not freestyles) this time

the real problem is Stoupe , .... Stoupe is the typical backpacker producer ....who makes dark but whacky tracks.... and who has no originality whatsoever.... maybe that's just me ... but I think he's really overated.

members online