Collecting payment for a beat

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I got some people interested in a track that I made. So im sure how to go about collecting a payment if you never meet them and the customer is hours away from you. Does pay pal take a percentage out from a sale? Or would it be best to have them mail a check?

"The Oz"

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Obviously you would want to have a producer agreement between you and then. I usually send the agreement to them, have them sign it and send you back the original along with payment with a check or money order (keeps a paper trail). Once the money clears, you sign the agreement and send them back a copy of the agreement along with the track. Thats the safest way for you and them too.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Good look Cleverwon, that seems a little time consuming but im sure thats the safest way. Do you write up the producer agreement yourself or is that a document you can find somewhere? Normally for me its hand me the money and I had you the beat nothing written at all. I need to get my shit together on the business side of things.

"The OZ"

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
You can write one up if you know all that legal talk, but you can buy them online in word format. Just search for producer agreements and you'll find something.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Good look again Cleverwon, Ill look into that. I checked out your site, looks like you guys are on the right track holdin Jersey down, keep it up.

"The OZ"

alkota

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
payment

Ozmosis said:
Good look again Cleverwon, Ill look into that. I checked out your site, looks like you guys are on the right track holdin Jersey down, keep it up.

"The OZ"

paypal... contract... do all up front or half up front then the other half after the project is complete.

members online