Controlling...And Hearing... Fantom XR From MPC2500

*~Snaelro Wen~*

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Hey Guys... in a bind here....im trying to use my fantom xr from my mpc2500 through midi. i have the module hook up to my mpc with a midi cable going from its midi in to the mpc's midi out. I set the appropriate midi channel and program and played some pads....no sound. i pulled my headphones out the mpc and into the fantom and it plays as it suppose to on the mpc. I want the sound to come from out the mpc. Any suggestions will be a MAJOR Help....

Also....i still dont know how to set everything like the settings and using program change so any info about that will be good 2, but 1st priority is getting sound from the fantom on my mpc. Thanks!

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I never actually seen anyone have this confusion before in real life.. But you are mistaken dog.

MIDI does not send Audio Wavs. Only Midi Notes. You will need to connect the outs of your Fantom into your mixer or whatever, and just track it out seperately from your mpc beat. (if you track out the whole beats, this shouldn't be a problem).

Or you can do what I do, and have the keyboards outs goin to the mpc ins, and play the sound via the input thru feature and all the sounds, mpc and synth, come out of the mpc's stereo outs. and you can track it out with you're mpc beat.

*~Snaelro Wen~*

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Ok... I think i understand now. But what if i use more than one sound from the module. How could I seperate them? Also, how will i be able to use the rhythm kits from the fantom xr on the mpc without the midi connection? I may be confused about the setup. Can you explain as detailed as possible about you have yours setup physically, settings wise, and exactly how you seperate the sounds from the module and track em out? Im asking alot but im desperate to learn how to make this work without a mixer. Also, the fantom has a digital out, so can i use the digital in on the mpc instead of the record in and out?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Ok... I think i understand now. But what if i use more than one sound from the module. How could I seperate them? Also, how will i be able to use the rhythm kits from the fantom xr on the mpc without the midi connection? I may be confused about the setup. Can you explain as detailed as possible about you have yours setup physically, settings wise, and exactly how you seperate the sounds from the module and track em out? Im asking alot but im desperate to learn how to make this work without a mixer. Also, the fantom has a digital out, so can i use the digital in on the mpc instead of the record in and out?

Yes you can use the digital in, you just have to set the input thru to read teh digital inputs instead of the analog.

And you assign a midi channel to each sound you wanna use, in a multi on the fantom. Just as you would do with any other sequencer and the fantom.

Also, i don't have a fantom so my set up will differ from yours, i have another synth. and what i told u to do is how i have it set up. . . But as far as multi's go, its differenct for every keyboard, if you don't know how to mess wit it, just get a pdf version of the fantoms manual from the official website and read the part about multi's and any other related info they my direct you to in that section

members online