''crash'' Good Flick

T

The Bastard

I JUST WANNA PUT U GUYS ONTO THIS MOVIE ITS EXTREMLY GOOD. IT HAS NO REAL STORY OR PLOT. IT BASICALLY SHOWS A DAY IN THE LIFE IN AMERICA. SHOWS HOW DIFFERENT CULTURES/RACES LIKE ARABS,WHITES,LATINOS,BLACKS, ETC ACT/REACT WITH EACH OTHER IN THE STATES, THE WAY THEY THINK, AND HOW THEY ARE TREATED. I ESPECIALLY RECOMEND IT TO YOU INTERNATIONAL CATS ITLL REALLY SHOW U WHAT LIFES LIKE IN THE U.S. SOME OF THE ACTORS /ACTRESSES IN IT ARE
Sandra Bullock, Don Cheadle, Matt Dillon, Jennifer Esposito, William Fichtner & Brendan Fraser, AGAIN, GOOD FLICK

T

The Bastard

djswivel said:
I find it interesting that on a hip hop messageboard, the hip hop star in the movie was not mentioned in the credits. Chris "Ludacris" Bridges also appears in the flick, and supposedly pulled off a great performance. I have yet to see it, but I've been told the movie is great!
I ACTUALLY WAS GUNNA WRITE THAT LUDACRIS WAS ILL IN IT TOO, THEN I LOOKED I NTHE CREDITS AND I THOUGHT HE MUSTA BEEN ONE OF THE NAMES I DIDNT RECOGNIZE CUZ I KNOW THEY USED HIS REAL NAME.

KNivez

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Hell yeah

Best movie I seen sense "Manchurian Candidate"

BTW:No Offense but your alittle late man

T

The Bastard

KNivez said:
Best movie I seen sense "Manchurian Candidate"

BTW:No Offense but your alittle late man
LOL I KNOW MAN, IM ON THAT COMCAST ON DEMAND SHIT, I DONT RENT OR BUY ANYMORE, AND COMCAST GETS EM A LIL LATE

C

Carpe Diem

yeah, really enjoyed this movie, caught it twice in the cinema....

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was talking to my Dad by this. He literally grew up in a movie theatre...

I wouldn't call it a good movie, because it's more of a dramatic discussion on race relations in the US. I thought some excellent points were brought up during the course of the movie. I applaud the message the movie sends, but the characters in the film are nothing more than one dimensional constructs.

It's a refreshing film to see because it brings up an issue which is taboo and needs to be talked about. Other than that, it's actually a bad film.

Every single conversation is about race, and I understand that's the point of the film. But some of the conversations are fairly ridiculous. And I think the movie avoids the biggest problem about Racism in the U.S., and that's the fact that people are made to believe it doesn't exist and that it is forbidden to talk about.

I know I'm being mad hypocritical.... Basically the film is excellent and should be seen by all if you are judging it by its social signifigance. If you're judging it as a movie, its not that good.

I just realized i watch to many movies.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
lol i only just managed to watch war of the worlds last nite so im way behind on my films ill try and watch that sometime tho i seen the advert for it but never managed to find out what it was about !

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
hah mark its all good...i havent seen star wars episode 2 or 3 yet...

anyway, im in the process of watching that in my africana studies class at state...

from a guy who's into filmmaking as a hobby, i think that the cinematography is fresh as hell...the colors of the shadows and atmospheres are rich and add a lot to the mood of the movie. the art direction is spot on and all that...

my favorite part is when ludacris comments on today's hip hop...listen to what he's saying and it ends up being really easy to apply to him...kind of funny. he's got skills no doubt but his subject matter is tired...

anyway this movie does a good job in showing that the world is relative. nobody is aloud to get mad at anybody haha..

ill say whether its good or not when i finish it...

S

Svenghali

The movie was tight work, Luda did his thing, his performance wasn't worthy of any awards but he wasn't overdramatic and he wasn't playing the part as himself. It was a good "awareness" film. As humans we tend to judge based on appearances and this movie played with that idea.

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Saw it last night on demand. Very powerful. It did a great job of making you think the worst would happen and then it would twist into a positive. Like the burning car scene and the scene with the loksmith's daughter.

members online