Dark Piano Samples

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Anybody know of any good Artists or songs to sample for dark piano melodies.

I'll list a few That I found (I'll add more when I get home):

Moonlight Sonata.. very nice..you just have to be lucky enough and find a tempoed rendition.

Mozarts piano concerto number 8 or sumthin Ill have to check the name when i get home.

But yea, please mention any concertos, songs, artists, etc. that you know of that sounds dark, or what not with a simple melody or ellaborate chords.

Thx.

NoVa

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
come on...please do some research, your supposed to be a hip hop producer....

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Haze47 said:
come on...please do some research, your supposed to be a hip hop producer....

calm down.. i was simply askin for others input by asking.. which is a form of "research" as u call it.

I'm not here to steal ideas or leech off of other peoples samples.. which is why i listed some of my own.

plain and simple

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Pretty much any classical piano music, you just have to find the right parts of the songs to sample. Some classical is too "happy" for example, but you never know, you can almost always find something good in there.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
^ good look, thats what i've been using. classical concertos and what not

booya_nang

A breath of fre$h air!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 76
Yea classical music is dope for nice dark pianos, not all of them obviously but if u dig hard enough you'll come across some good ish

the reezo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
oh man you want some dark stuff? try Schoenberg, although I highly doubt you will actually sample him..once you hear the music of course :)

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
thx ill check it out. Most of the shit i download i use for listening music haha

D

d1ne

don't let the high happy shit get you down though, if you really like the melody just slow it down it will lower the pitch and turn it from "high and happy" to "low and moody"

J

Josh Furey

Mozart?

I don't know about mozart, pretty obvious. Erik Satie is one classical pianist that has some of the dopest dark and moody piano I've enjoyed.

Daikomo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah classical is fine.. But if you look into movie Scores. Which is kinda classical u can find some real nice stuff. Like Tears Of the sun and othere movies Scored by Hans Zimmer and otheres. They have very nice stuff. Or u can get Orchastral i think that the name of the Vsti and Do ur own, My friend does it and there are on point.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Lower the sample rate to 24500 and the piano sounds automatically sound haunting; I don't know why but it works well.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
^ this not having internet thing is killin me!! lol check ur PMs

members online