"Desperado" prod. by Sam Ock

• beat this! voting starts in...
Dope Track. I really liked the first 2 verses and the beatbox scratches were dope.
I think you could perform much better if you memorized the lines and concentrated on delivery and performing to the camera. The reading of the lines made the delivery suffer, showing up more so in the last verse.
I personally think if you did it that way all the verses would be dope and sound right, and also look real good on camera too. Holding your lines up looks a little amateur for the standard of the track which is really good, I like it a lot. Keep it up man.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Holding your lines up looks a little amateur for the standard of the track which is really good, I like it a lot. Keep it up man.
But thats real shit though...cats actually read there lines in the booth...even some vets do that. It seem to me though that cats knew their rhymes. I bet the cat with the glasses just got a choppy flow..even if he had it memorized. Rza style is choppy but he still comes off ill most of the time.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Emcee's who come thru and just jump on a track will write and read there shit from the paper. There's no rule that memorizing your lyrics in advance brings a better performance. I know many Emcees that can do both flawlessly. It's about what you do and how you do!

I like this track. Very creative all around! I actually think the guy with the glasses has the better voice. His delivery was a bit shaky but I'll chop that up to nerves. His voice is definitely standout! If he gets it all together he'll be just fine.

Sam is sick with the production as usual. He's got too much damn talent bottled up....lmao. Dude with the beat mouth scratching...ILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I like the fact that Sam really doesn't give a damn what anybody thinks...he just does the damn thing. If he decides to really do this shit I see no reason why he couldn't professionally.

p.s. his vids are always super professional looking. Shows his work ethic!

Dang, LBD, i don't deserve praise like that...

thanks everyone!

I'm on the second verse if you didn't know.

Actually man, I think you do.

When I said about reading from paper, I personally think, and this is just opinion, that the delivery can be better when the artist isnt concentrating on reading the words but can concentrate on delivering them in the tightest way possible.
Our brains arent the best at concentrating on two things at the same time, I just think some of the slips in flow in the verses show this to be true.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Actually man, I think you do.

When I said about reading from paper, I personally think, and this is just opinion, that the delivery can be better when the artist isnt concentrating on reading the words but can concentrate on delivering them in the tightest way possible.
Our brains arent the best at concentrating on two things at the same time, I just think some of the slips in flow in the verses show this to be true.

That only applies to you "excessive" weed heads you're working with half your grey matter! lmao j/k