Dilla Performed by orchestra(video/Audio/DVD)

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Kill yourself....lol. I saw this last week and was super stoked to see something of Dillas performed by such a large scale orchestra. They did such an awesome job of covering it. I kept thinking the whole time how the drummer in this piece is like the glue that keeps everyone together, especially when covering a dilla joint.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
thats dope!!!!! would love to hear the original beat. i bet if they replayed that vibrant thing wit q tip it would be bananananssss..... peep that white dude with the fitted cap on sideways killing the violin.... ha....

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Hey Class,
Just had a chance to check out the page and video, looks great. I had seen this orchestral Dilla stuff about a year ago, some guy out in LA put it together (name escapes me).
Did you see who's mixing it? Bob Power - he's amazing, he did Low End Theory and Midnite Marauders, super ill engineer...

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Hey Class,
Just had a chance to check out the page and video, looks great. I had seen this orchestral Dilla stuff about a year ago, some guy out in LA put it together (name escapes me).
Did you see who's mixing it? Bob Power - he's amazing, he did Low End Theory and Midnite Marauders, super ill engineer...

Yea i think your talking about miguel firgarson, he is a dope composer he also did the live strings on shafiq Husayne's album

Yea i heard bob power mixing the joint, its gonna be crazy, the sound quality is amazing. I will defo be copping this!

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Kill Yourself. LMAO! That's classic, Classic. H-A H-A H-A!

dj360_iNfInItE1

ill o.g.
OMG! I have to get this DVD set. That orchestra laid it down. It was fantastic. I'm not only excited to see this but I am inspired in new ways I haven't been before. Fantastic post, Classic. Big ups for this one, homie.

dj360_iNfInItE1

ill o.g.

members online