Egypt...Surprised we havent spoken on it yet..

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Well off top Im all for what the people are about , I support them in getting rid of Mubarak and all that and I think our gov does too.
In fact the President kind of set it in motion in a speech the the Egyption people last year.
However Im not sure what they want us to do , Arabs seem to get real hot headed and jump to radical stances real fast , for instance , Im not sure what they want us to do , we HAVE to work with a government there THATS how we do business.
We have LOTS of important treaties with them that we had with Mubarak in charge , so since he hasnt left yet we STILL have to deal with him, when THEY get rid of him we will deal with whoever is next. In the meantime I dont get why they are now going apeshit on the US because we havent bombed the place or the state dept isnt in the UN chanting slogans to remove mubarak.
I dont expect a mob to understand diplomacy but its fluid and we cant just do shit quick in this.

Thoughts on all this?
You guys always have a good perspective.

Additionally I dont recall the Egyptions trippin over Katrina and the ensuing crap from our gov...

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
If Mubarak aka Mubacrap leaves then the whole middle-east will blow up I guarantee that.

@ DP : so that demonstrators can't relay violent scenes via their mobile phone and social networks, simple as that. As you can see it worked for the Tunisians... now the French government acts as if it never had any diplomatic relations with the former government.

do you know why they shut of the net? I can't find a real reason yet.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Basically the world is tired of America trying to dictate everything. Those people don't like Americans period. Whats funny as heyell to me is that they are saying what they want but we are kinda sitting back and taking the "political" stand on this. I fully understand our interest in this but it's us that they don't want. Those people know that Mubarak is an Allie with us and they want him out so that means they want us out as well. As far as I'm concerned, we are not whats important over there. Whats important is their relationship with Israel.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I disagree with you.

1/ Mubarak is a US allie true, but the average joe in Egypt really demonstrates because he can't find a job, can't pay his bills. 50% of the population lives in extreme poverty...

2/ Israel has nothing to do with it, in fact the two countries have had relatively smooth diplomatic relations for a while now (since 1978 to be exact).

Basically the world is tired of America trying to dictate everything. Those people don't like Americans period. Whats funny as heyell to me is that they are saying what they want but we are kinda sitting back and taking the "political" stand on this. I fully understand our interest in this but it's us that they don't want. Those people know that Mubarak is an Allie with us and they want him out so that means they want us out as well. As far as I'm concerned, we are not whats important over there. Whats important is their relationship with Israel.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
I dont think they are all anti american , I think they are prolly pissed that we arent embracing their revolution whole heartedly , we backed dictators because thats all there was to work with out that away.
I think it would be great if they can get it together and get a good democracy going and continue to be a partner for peace.
They actually have been apologizing to tourists for it all lol, I think that is telling that they dont want the world to be afraid of them.
I say embrace the change, hell we started the change thigng, we started the internet, kinda stupid to not be happy for them trying to model themselves after us.

Chris they shut it down because they were organizing massive protests using twitter and FB.
Tunizia just threw out their dictator last week using the same platforms so now egypt is doing it, also its happening in Jordan and Yemen.

Kuwaits leader headed the whole thing off by giving everyone in the country $3000 something dollars a months for the next 13 months! lol, I WISH I could get that!

And I agree with Phil above.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Yemen is unstable to begin with.....

I LIKE what the people in Egypt are doing....they are not happy with the conditions there and are taking matters into their own hands since their government failed them.

We used to be like that....around 300 years ago. Times have surely changed since.

If we had the balls here to do half of the shit these Egyptians did, we would get more of what we want than what is forced upon us....

But people are too fat, dumb and happy here and think we are "free"...

It was said that the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist...

I think the greatest trick the US ever pulled was convincing the people that we were indeed free.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Sucio-- What are not free to do that you want to do?
In what way are you being repressed?

Chris - Capitalism only works at levels its allowed to. Street level drug dealers are a forum of it and they make millions and they get shut down, but thats off topic.

Egypt has actually kicked ALjazeera out of thier building and told them to stop broadcasting .. Bleef that?

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's funny because when this all started they were giving reasons as to why they're pissed off and it sounded just like Quebec.

No jobs, poverty, homeless, high taxes, high prices, etc.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
The thing is there is alot of sin going on , extremists are NOT going to take control of Egypt , just not going to happen those people are cool imo , they have legitimate gripes, the thing that we dont want is a power vaccuum and we dont want extremists taking advantage of the situation to hurt people there or destabilize the country.
Israel is not why this is going on , but the Israelis are nervous about who is doing border security and whatnot, we need to quickly get on the right side of this and show them that we support the will of the people there before it does become an anti US thing. Which they love to yell.
Mubaraks asshole self released an ASS of prisoners from jails to start shit hoping the people would want him so he could create stability. Even undercover police have been looting towards this goal.
Dude is gone and doesnt even know it yet.
Im looking at the tactics they are using though in case that ish happened here.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Well, i didnt talk about it because i'd rather avoid political topics here lol. I've been following this in awe since the began, watching al jazeera frequently for the footage. Its really amazing imo.

^^^ islam brotherhood only represents 1/3 of the country, the next gov to replace the current regime is already considered a rainbow selection.

With a bit of luck, the new gov. will focus on gaining common wealth for the egyptians instead making allies over favors ( i.e. 1 billion a year from the US tax to egyptian military) and what not. All those ally making partnerships do not favor the population but those corperates (often also non-egyptian) already wealthy enough.

All the bad prospects and speculations put up with the revolt are indeed tied to US/Israel position in the M-E. It has nothing on hezbollah influence when a new gov. comes up.
The US cant really say anything (hilary needs to stfu, hypocrit), especialy anything in regards to democracy since they've supported the dictatorship for years, in the same way US/UK supports african dictatorships.
The US really likes to see Mubarak stay, but chances are slight that it will go that way.

This is one of those occasions where US foreign relations has no grip on the situation which i find fascinating as they're losing position in the M-E.

@dp; in the end, it's capitalism that makes people revolt. capitalism doesnt speak for "we the people" but to max. 15% of the population. In Egypt that's probably around 2%, dunno of Omar Shariff is part of that, but he's against the whole thing.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
@ relic; FEMA!

It wasnt Mubarak though who said that the army should use live ammo on demonstrants and ordered prisoners to be released. It was Anas Al-fikki i believe, he was pretty much hated on by the public already and was replaced immediatly on establishing a new gov. by Mubarak(pointless but stil).

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Small update;

- Israel has announced to rather support the dictator then the new gov.
- Muslim Brotherhood has announced that they will not intervein with any signed
treaties, they will not take any leading role in the new gov. and under no
circumstance will talk to the current regime. They also demand that the president
of the constitutional court will be interim president for the newly formed gov.
untill new constitutional laws on democracy are written. After this a new
election will take place so the people can vote.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
The middle East is a wild environment, that's why I wrote "relatively smooth". If Mubarak leaves and islamists are elected, ya that could have grave consequences for the peace treaty, but you can't say Israel is the cause of the current turmoil.

dac said:
we are not whats important over there. Whats important is their relationship with Israel.

No, I never said Israel was the cause of anything. I'm not sure if you believe in "the scriptures", but if you do...you'll understand why I say that "What's important is their relationship with Israel" and that goes for the whole world for that matter. Either way it's clear that Israels interest is keeping Mubarak in place (which probably won't happen). What we need to be doing right now is talking with the one next in charge and thats a problem because there are already disagreements within the opposition on whether Egypt should simply make democratic reforms or eventually become an Islamist state. And thats a BIG concern!

Omar Suleiman is Vice President and deemed the most powerful man in Egypt but his ties as being the Presidents "Best Friend" is hurting him as well. So we'll have to wait and see what happens with that. =)

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
What we need to be doing right now is talking with the one next in charge and thats a problem because there are already disagreements within the opposition on whether Egypt should simply make democratic reforms or eventually become an Islamist state. And thats a BIG concern!

no the media makes it a big concern and its a big concern to all other countries having interest in Egypt for whatever agenda but those 8million people right now on the street really cant be arsed what Israel thinks. Its not about Israel, they have nothing to fear atm (except themselves).

Maybe a bit late but i posted a few updates. Muslim brotherhood speaks for 1/3 of the egypt population and clearly pointed out that their position in the gov is through democratic process. It will not become an Islamist state pure sang and it wont be without the islam either, because, well, its the middle east after all. It actualy represents the same number in our gov, in regards to the christian parties so by any country standards a healty figure.

members online