Facebook is boring

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It really is. I'm not talking about being a time-waster, I mean the posts are bleh. Plus I've noticed that I see less posts from people and pages than I used to. Ever since they implemented that new thing where less people see your posts.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
The thing that gave me douche chills about FB is the fradulence. It became a tool of "This is what I want people to think I'm like". Made me start seeing people that were friends and family as cornballs straight up. I was staying for promotion, but that's not even that great.

Some examples of things that annoyed me:

- People that update their status with "Oh my god, I'm so busy busy busy. Hustle bustle" etc. Why the fuck you on fb if you're so busy?!!!

- People that use a status instead of fucking google. When people do that, what they're really doing is saying "hey everybody, here is something I do and instead of flat out telling everyone I'm disguising it as a legitimate help request". WACK. Example: "Hey anyone know what I can do to study for my LSATs?" - Translation: "Hey everyone I want you all to know how good I am that I am becoming a lawyer, pats on the back please."

- People that talk all types of music shit, but can't back it up if their lives depended on it in real life.

- This one pissed me off the most: PEOPLE JACKING MY FUCKING IDEAS.

- Semi related to the last one is niggas following my networking and face to face time I put in and straight SWOOPING instead of puttin in their own work. Yea I know, it's time consuming and hard work....

- Bitches putting up a clenched hand to show off their nails lmao. Actually this only bothers me if the bitch is gross.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
LOL. Good responses.

I agree with all of you. Twitter is good for getting the word out but if you get involved with other people on there, your head will implode, then explode.

FB used to be good when you could actually find people on there that you haven't seen in a long time, like high school but now it's just a big pile of steamy poo.

Both socials sites, it's just people posting about:
  1. How amazing they are.
  2. Selling a product/service
  3. Stupid pictures with captions
  4. Conspiracy theories
Add that to the fact that FB has changed the way you post so that only a small percentage of your friends actually see your posts, and it's a sinking ship.
Forums (like IllMuzik) have taken a beating in the past few years because of the social sites, but you can't beat a forum. It's a community, not just a place to do a drive by of all your awesomeness.

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
Add that to the fact that FB has changed the way you post so that only a small percentage of your friends actually see your posts, and it's a sinking ship.

Thats one thing that bothers me about FB right now. I'm getting tired of seeing the SAME people. I have 900+ friends and I only see maybe 17-20 of the same ppl on my timeline. Its boring as hell.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
mono pinpointed my experience exact. staight up. you find some kid you went to elementary school with and don't ever talk, just like it was in those 20 years you never talked anyways...

MitchHolmes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
LOL. Good responses.

I agree with all of you. Twitter is good for getting the word out but if you get involved with other people on there, your head will implode, then explode.

FB used to be good when you could actually find people on there that you haven't seen in a long time, like high school but now it's just a big pile of steamy poo.

Both socials sites, it's just people posting about:
  1. How amazing they are.
  2. Selling a product/service
  3. Stupid pictures with captions
  4. Conspiracy theories

Forums (like IllMuzik) have taken a beating in the past few years because of the social sites, but you can't beat a forum. It's a community, not just a place to do a drive by of all your awesomeness.
MEME are cool and funny tho... too many of them posted as spam I dislike tho

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
People that post memes are pretty much just jacking them from reddit and stealing the glory lol.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I am close to shutting down. I was awhile back but I have been selling beats but that has even died down. I sold a few tees this week, but I'm not making any money. It's for promotional purposes. But like P said, it's not even that great for Promo anymore. it's saturated to shit. I may just stick to twitter, and Chris is right,,,it's a headache. I do however liek to post up shit on FB to piss them off, or share my bowel movements. It's all I have anymore. lol

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's it - FB posts aren't even reaching people and I'm seeing less and less friends posting regularly. FB is dying. Not Stresswon's bowel movements though, that shit is in full effect.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Yeah man. One of Otis Clap's peoples. I closed my shit. My account was hacked recently. Long time coming but I been wanting to do it for awhile now. It feels pretty good...
Wow. Fucking biters.

AL.LONE

Yeah there's not much going on on FB anymore. Back in highschool is was a big deal haha. Now I just check it every so often to keep in touch with my people back home since I moved away.

members online